I Poured Everything Into This...

[avatar]
@atam94

This past work week has been... draining and absolutely terrible. It's at the point where I need a new job, and part of me wants to do something with music one day.

I made an instrumental song and music video over the last 5-6 hours and it has some really hopeful vibes going on, especially in the second half. The part at 3:39 might be my favorite sound I've ever done.

If you get a chance to watch/listen, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I hope you're all doing well.

https://youtu.be/uVuDZi6xedM

[avatar]

it is really well balanced but i cant put my finger on how or why. the whistling sounds behind the guitar don't pierce too much to be intruding. the guitar sounds are crisp and a quality sound. theres a structure that im still picking up on. which i think is a good thing after even two listen, its not a telling song, but a showing song. that as i listen more i notice more. i dont know what knowledge you have musically or production wise, but this wouldnt be out of place in most settings or video productions in my opinion. there isnt a part that im noticing that lets it down, the instruments sound like there has been some thought and attention put behind them. the delay parts arent out of place, the timing seems good and the strumming fading between the ears and the volumes arent too high or low. like i say, it has a balance that i cant put my finger on. but for me, this makes the track work well. as in, i would say, id expect this kind of track to be made by a professional musician who has experience and ability to bring the right sound to the right moment. maybe you have connected to your sound that you were looking for when you were exploring like it says similarly in your desc on the vid. its not the genre i normally listen to so cannot comment on the genre related aspects, but for me this has quality and thought behind it, enough to say its a piece that demonstrates competency and consideration.
EDIT: im not a talented or competent musician or producer so im not the best to ask on such things, but i hope this does give some insight into your piece

[avatar]
@atam94

@chldomn5 Thank you so much for sharing all of your thoughts. It means so much to me. I do instrumental music as "Dream Field 209" and story-based songs under my own name. If you'd like to hear one I for myself this morning, I'll leave a link. No worries if not. I'm grateful that you took the time to listen and you have encouraged me to keep pursuing what I love doing: making music.

New Song "Anxiety Part 2" https://youtu.be/n7SgodpBvbY