Any advice on how to recover facebook account if it was hacked.

[avatar]

Did anyone have similar situation and managed to recover their hacked account? Any advice is appreciated as I can't remember all my friends and I have messages which I didn't mean to share with the hackers...

[avatar]

did you have it linked with a mobile number ? or a backup email address ?
had this issue myself. but i didnt have access to the email. so these as backups would offer more chance of recovery

[avatar]

No, sadly not. The email address I had connected with fb has been wipped out by the hacker. They posted something on my behalf and I have no clue whether they don't write from my name to my contacts via messaging. I really would like to recover it as it has been years of posting and my messages which are connected with my songwriting and my thoughts...

[avatar]

I used to work at Facebook many years ago, let me check if I still have friends working there, they might be able to help.

[avatar]

That would be awesome. Thank you so much! I've tried everything I could think of. Each time it comes to the same outcome: I need to enter my email account or my phone number. Of course both have been changed by the hacker so the system just says it's wrong. So frustrating.

[avatar]

perhaps this will serve at least a note to self of "at least people know its not me"
if you start a new account, and you add people, be sure to tell them this is your new account and the other account got hacked, in case people are wondering whats going on with it.
im not technically minded but socially minded in some aspects, so this would at least allow me a buyout in case people were confused
edit: i know this doesnt seal over the fact you have personal info you didnt want sharing with anyone, however i can gather a guess that in most instances the account would likely only be used for their gain rather than your downfall, most times ive seen they get used to share spam for clickable links and what ahve you when ive been on facebook
edit edit: just seen you say in another thread its someone nasty. :( sorry to hear youve been having trouble. i hope things work out for you, and i wish i also knew what more to say

[avatar]

@musicsongwriter Nadja, that may sound as a dumb thought because we are not used to it and our systems aren’t prepared for it. But do consider going to the police. What you’re experiencing is no different from a crime like theft. Police is unfortunately still very helpless in the cyber world, and they probably won’t be able to help you. But still, at least this would give you a noted-down official document in case the hacker starts weird business or attempt to blackmail you.

[avatar]

Thank you to everyone who is replying. Just to say, I call "Nasty" the person/s who hacked because they posted something from my name which I wouldn't have done. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "nasty" but I feel emotional and being manipulated because if someone posts from my name it's not right and yes, I don't have a clue what they are doing with my staff there. I can't remember all my friends on facebook so it's almost impossible to let everyone I've been in touch with know that the account was hacked. I still hope there should be some way of recovering it.