Sticking Around to Listen/Comment

[avatar]

It's been over a week since I was last able to listen and comment - then along came Hurricane Ian to our Fort Myers, Florida home.
I'm excited to start listening and commenting again, so I'm starting this thread to see who else is still around.
It's good to be back!

[avatar]

You bet! Good to see you here Chip

[avatar]

I have good intentions but schoolwork and a wedding are both encroaching on my enjoyment time.

[avatar]

I have been traveling a lot for work the past 3 weeks and most of my limited free time has been to do laundry between and prep for upcoming trips. Will be home soon and look forward to listening and commenting this weekend and beyond! So many songs to catch up on!!!

[avatar]

Wow that's great. There is so much good music here for listening. Nice to see you back.

[avatar]

I'm still around and ready to catch up with all the listening I didn't do over the last month or so...

[avatar]

I’ll be here, too. 😄👋

[avatar]
@fuzzy

Totally still checking in, but my head is really in Rocktober these days.

[avatar]
@gm7

Good to hear that your are OK Chip. I'm doing some listening...lots of great music here!

[avatar]

i will be listening more now im creating less. im excited to go through at a leisurly pace to find some great music ive been sleeping on. dont forget about the lyrics too, people. theres been some quality words this year that ive been slacking on too.

[avatar]
@andrea

I am here. I am pacing myself but hope to read and listen to things I didn't have time for while creating! Glad to know you are well @chipwithrow.

[avatar]

I saw the footage of Ft. Myers, Chip. I'm so sorry ;( I am glad you and yours are well. Will be listening on and off throughout October!

[avatar]

hi all! Not sure I'll have a huge ton of time, but will definitely stay 'round a bit and comment when I can. Also, reviewing the songs I wrote recorded and posted this 5090, I think I'm going to , once again, do a quick album of the 'best' or more representative of them, and post it on bandcamp, so, stay tuned :)

[avatar]
@nadine

I'm still here to return comments. But I may focus on mixing when I get some files.

[avatar]
@roddy

Still here, I'll mostly comment on zongs and songs that have had only a few comments.

[avatar]

Glad to see you're all still around! I'm listening and commenting when I can catch a moment here and there - still lots of post-hurricane work to do. By the weekend I hope to be more focused within whatever this new normal is. (I'm getting tired of new normals!)

[avatar]

Def still here too.

[avatar]

I'm still around, but we've had my MIL in hospital this week, so I've been taxiing my wife to see her mum a lot. She's out now. so hopefully the need for my services will drop... 🤞

[avatar]

Yup. I am still checking in and listening/commenting.

Glad to hear from you @chipwithrow! I was worried about you! Sorry that you are dealing with all the storm related new normal stuff.

[avatar]

Happily working my way through the many songs I have missed this season. Glad we have some more time to listen & comment.

[avatar]

Checking in and doing few each day , have done #tit4tat.

[avatar]
@beacon

I have a lot of listening to catch up on!

[avatar]

Thought I'd bump this - giving a listen to at least one from everyone on this thread, and about 2/3 of the way through.

[avatar]

I'm still listening, but I also found time to record (on Tenor Guitar) at least one of the songs I still needed to add a demo for. ("I can't get my head around that")
Hope someone finds the time to listen to it.
https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/11369

[avatar]
@jeff9

I'm just now back home in Tampa after evacuating for the storm which, thankfully, we pretty much dodged. We were perhaps overly cautious and after initially escaping to the SE coast of FL, we fled all the way to Connecticut! (Not really--the trip there was already planned). So, I'm digging in. Just posted a song where I had a placeholder and will start doing some listening and commenting. Also hoping to contribute a little to Rocktoberfest.

[avatar]

I have posted two more demos from the 17 songs I wrote over the Super skirmish weekend... Talk about a last-minute dash to the finish line!

Anyway, here are two of those which were Lyrics Only on the night of the Skirmish:

"Racing Against Time"
https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/11326

and

My diatribe against phony hippies back in the 70s
"You don't get rid of us so easily"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8in1FDPE-8

[avatar]

Still checking in occasionally

[avatar]

ive been busy with my 22 songs for rocktober..one for each year of the 21st century, but now will have time to catch up on listening to more of the fantastic 50 90 offerings.

[avatar]

I have put up the demo for "The Ancestor" which was lyrics only until today

https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/11540

[avatar]

Yup. Still checking in and giving some listens/comments. I always try to do #titfortat. Having fun listening to some favorite FAWM friends and doing a few randoms clicking around to find new ones too when I have time.

[avatar]

Hey, ya'll - I'm back on-line and looking forward to a lot more listening before Closing Time.

[avatar]

I'd like to keep this listening/commenting party going until the end of the month, as long as there are still folks around who I know will see my comments. So, who's anyone around to join me?
One reason I want to keep going - in my job as a personal fitness trainer/yoga instructor, I'm active in the afternoon and early evening. But morning is a lot of tending to business on the computer, so listening/commenting is a welcome and needed break.

[avatar]

I'm listening to a song or three everyday...not a lot, but I've found some good stuff :)

[avatar]
@kristi

I haven't commented since 50/90 came to a close, but will be this week. Just added this new collab with musicsongwriter and Jeff9. Thank you, both!! :) If anyone is still listening, it's here:

https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/703

[avatar]
@fuzzy

I'm still here, but not really listening, sorry; my focus is on my "Cheap & Easy" outsider music/trash art project for Rocktober.

[avatar]

Here are the last two of the 17 songs I wrote on the last day to reach the winning post. A few were Lyrics Only, but now they all have been set to music.

"Entitled"
https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/11530

"Celestial Bodies"
https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/11422

[avatar]

I'm not listening or commenting but I am sticking--spammers...!

[avatar]
@nadine

Slowly signing off. Too busy with mixing my stuff, but I still read comments.

[avatar]

@nadine - I'm impressed with people like you who continue refining their 50/90 songs after the challenge is over. I used to, but then I all but gave up social media (I still use YouTube occasionally). I thought about putting together a new Bandcamp album - I have 4 there now - but I'm really lacking that motivation.
@berni1954 - I love that you're just now putting music to lyrics. That's one way to keep making music into October!
It's not that I totally give up music during non-challenge months - yesterday, I reacquainted myself with a couple of Grateful Dead covers on acoustic guitar. And most nights I noodle on the ukulele a little.
As for listening and commenting - still doing a few songs each day, in between other computer/work tasks.