Wolf Kier "WK: BRAND" - best of WK100 - album out now~ !

[avatar]

Because so many FAWMers invested time and effort into the WK100 project (thank you all, including the 15 who voted in the poll this Summer) , I wanted to post the results of the poll to help me choose the songs from WK100 I should earmark for distribution. Because I don't want to come out of the gate on spotify etc with 100 songs that no one will ever listen too, or perhaps even know to find.

The showcase compilation is to be called "WK: BRAND"

Find it here: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-final-nits

Thanks again. WK100 really was an enormous task of over 18 months that took my first choice faves/best from 1700 songs over 16 years to the place they deserved to be and the help, during those months really made the hundreds / maybe 1000 + hours so much easier, as well as these kinds of tough decisions!

If you'd like to be involved in the nit-picking crew over Winter with my next huge project WK11x11 - where I rethink 121 more songs - lease drop me a line. It takes a village to raise a song. And all ears hear all things!

I wish you travel in the light as yet another 50/90 passes! And another FAWM approaches.

Hugs.

+++++++++

Thanks to the voters: @andrea @aneil @dzdandcunfsd @ferry0123 @gm7 @heliosonorous @katestantonsings @lowhum @mandolinda @nadine @rayboneor @sbs2018 @sheslin @thedutchwidows

[avatar]

POSSIBLE CONTENDERS FOR A TOP20 or TOP25 album to be called "WK:BRAND"
Brackets show volume/album numbers they belong to. The vote categories tracks are in no particular order. Especially the 2 votes group from which the final cuts will be made.
So I've come up with this list..... I'm keen to know if there's any objections....Is there anythiing in the top20 that really shouldn't be there? Are there any below 20 that really need to be in the 20?

MUST BE IN:
001 Hole In My Head (2)
002 Sleep, Mama, Sleep (1)
003 She Brings Me (5)
004 Pink Fur Collar (5)
005 Where The Cool Kids Go (5)
006 She Makes Me Smile (5)
007 Bury Mary (7)
008 Snake Over a Waterfall (6)
009 Strength To Believe (Next To You) (4)
010 Fashion Demands (3)
011 Hey Katie (8)
012 One Day Out Of Memphis (2)
013 Married On A Sunday (1)
014 Be Free (6)
015 Like A Fool (4)
016 The Night Has Its Price (7)
017 Summer Number One (8)
018 Jukebox (2)
019 Show Me That (4)
020 Then Comes Five (8)

SHOULD/COULD BE IN:
021 Gotta Feel Love (4)
022 A Girl Like You (4)
023. Pretending You Were Mine (2)
024: Time passes, Listen (1)

OTHER SERIOUS OPTIONS:
025 Light It Up, Tear it Down (6)
026 Miss You More (8)
027 Real This Time (8)
028 Nevermore (I Swear, I Swore) (3)
029. Every Time I Say Your Name (2)
030: A Town Called Carnage (6)
031. ? Tomcat (4)

I hope this project inspires many of you to perfect your craft and finish what you began in a frenzy in this amazing supportive community. Your songs are not disposable. They speak if you listen to them. The good ones yell.

[avatar]

I'd like to see "Show Me That" bumped up. It's so fun that it randomly plays in my head. "Show me that bad girl tattoo" - lol! And that "make a meal of me" part sounds like Prince.

Your perseverance in perfecting your craft is very inspiring!

[avatar]

Love's Exquisite Mystery - WK100 (vol4) and Then Comes Five - WK100 (vol8) are represented well :)

First three WK-songs that come to mind: Good enough, Love's Exquisite Mystery and Life of love.

What a great set of songs, my friend. Love 'm :)

Yeah! Yay!

[avatar]

“I hope this project inspires many of you to perfect your craft and finish what you began in a frenzy in this amazing supportive community.”
Well said, Wolf. I get distracted on the next project so easily. Thanks for this advice as it’s a lovely reminder to write and get it all out and edit later…
My favorites by you are Hey Katie, Pink Fur Collar, and Hole in my Head (one of the first songs I heard by you!)

Congrats on so many successful songs, Wolf!

[avatar]

Congrats on completing this project!

[avatar]

@sbs2018 thanks! Indeed, songs are not K-cups. All the songs we admire has loads of time spent on the writing, re-writing, rehearsing, perfecting, recording, producing, not to mention, crits and counter crits and the business of releasing, promoting etc. And from initial doodle or daydream to what we hear, know, and love, can take a long time, years even.
The Rolling Stones' "Start Me Up" took several years from it's start in 1975 as a reggae jam sketch called "Never Stop" and at least 45 different versions were demoed before it became the iconic tune everyone knows. And the production has so much to do with the final "aural stamp" it made on the world.
Here's an early demo..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8vM_fTXVU
Patience, care, and lots of "song whispering" . As I said above they speak to you. They yell at you. They won't leave you alone. And when you bump into them in a dark archive of your hard drive, boy do you feel guilty for the one night stand you left behind while chasing the next conquest. LOL....

[avatar]

Thanks @gm for pointing out that I'd initially messed up the count with "Real This TIme". It it out of the 2 vote "which to choose" group into the safe 3 votes category! I found another mistake I'd made too. I hope I got it right. With my short term memory issues any distraction on a multi task like that I completely mess up. Is there anyone any good at compiling so we get this completely right? All the votes are on each of the 8 volume song pages on my profile page... Wnt to make sure none are in the 2 vote choice list when the shouldn't be.

@katestantonsings thanks. Hole in My Head and Pink Fur Collar and Hole In My Head were always going to make the cut, Hey Katie is in the 2s and your vote's already counted. I've got 18 2 vote tracks for 11 places now. I've look at the ones above the line now and I can't think of one that I could move to put Hey Katie in. It's not the quality of Hey Katie, I love it too, I love all of them, it's the quality most all of those in the cut category.

If a few more folks vote, or if those who didn't vote on the entire bunch, looked at a few other volumes, maybe the decision would be easier.

[avatar]

I missed Hey Katie and just gave it a listen, I would add a vote for it, great track!

[avatar]

Because of the new vote for Hey Katie by @heliosonorous , that track now is in the safe 3 votes group! @katestantonsings will be happy to know it, and so am I.

@ferry0123 went through and did a recount and found a few other things I'd missed, his recalculation appears in the 2nd post. Thank you, my friend.

That still leaves 19 songs in the 2 votes group to vie for the 11 spots available before the 30 cut off mark. Anyone else have any strong faves they want to argue up over the line or any more voters?

Thanks so much, now that we're in October I've started final review of the tracks in the 3-7 votes group to prepare for sending to distribution! Kinda nervous, because I hear that un-distributing a song (to repost and updated version) can be a hassle.

[avatar]

You’re meticulous & you’ve had @ferry0123’s excellent ears to bounce off. So glad P also voted for Hey Katie! That song has great energy. :D Keep us updated in October on your progress!! I’ll be checking in as I Tit4Tat (thanks for also organizing that!!). Happy new month, Wolf!

[avatar]

@katestantonsings Thank you so much. You're always so supportive my friend and indeed my great friend @ferry0123 has been my second set of ears, and honest critic, for over a decade now. He truly is co-producer of WK100 . We're both very proud of what we've achieved and during October it'll be coming to the conclusion we've been working towards! I'll be sure to update here as we move closer to completion and at long last wider distribution! So what goes there needs to be super excellent!

The final listen, last nits, spotify mixes will be up on my bandcamp here: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-final-nits If the songs are up on that page they are ready for any feedback. So keep an eye on that and while anyone's there I'll be updating that via the followers messaging on bandcamp so hit the follow button to be in on the final listens/input.

But we still need to make the 19 2 vote group into 11.... ao we need more voters or others who have a fave in the 2 vote borderline group to push above the cut line!

Find the songposts on my songboard marked vol1-8.

Thanks all. It takes a village and all ears hear all things!!!

[avatar]

So, the question is: IF IT WAS FOR YOU, what song in the two votes section (SEE BELOW, above/beneath the cutoff line) gets your (extra) vote and gets into the three votes section, so that it safely finds its way onto the showcase compilation album?

Check 'm out on @wolfkier 's bandcamp!! (vol. (1) up to vol. (8).

Two votes:
020 Mrs. Wilson (vol. 8)
021 The Night Has Its Price (vol. 7)
022 A Town Called Carnage (vol. 6)
023 The Big Trapeze (Let It Go) (vol. 6)
024 Some Folks Are Crazy (vol. 6)
025 She Makes Me Smile (vol. 5)
026 She Brings Me (vol. 5)
027 Stink It Up (Sweet Forever) (vol. 5)
028 Gotta Feel Love (vol. 4)
029 A Girl Like You (vol. 4)
030 Love's Exquisite Mystery (vol. 4)
+++ The cut off line ++++

Nevermore (I Swear, I Swore) (vol. 3)
Good Enough (vol. 3)
Jukebox (vol. 2)
Pretending You Were Mine (vol. 2)
She Won't Cry For Me (vol. 2)
Every Time I Say Your Name (vol. 2)
Get Well Soon (vol. 1)
The Gallery Heist (vol. 1)
Same Name, Same Skin (V2)-- (vol. 1)

[avatar]

We vote for “A Girl Like You” - another special find!

[avatar]

Nevermore (I Swear, I Swore) (vol. 3) gets my vote.

[avatar]

Thanks @ferry0123 !
Now with @katestantonsings > @sbs2018 > @heliosonorous boost votes we have 18 2-vote songs in the pool to fill the final 9 places on the best of album. Thank you!

Here's the contenders for the 9/18 cut: (volume numbers follow each song. All 8 volumes have their own songpost page, see my profile songlist, they are clearly marked (vol1 thru vol 8) as they are on my bandcamp: http://wolfkier.bandcamp.com.

A Town Called Carnage (6)
The Big Trapeze (Let It Go) (6)
Some Folks Are Crazy (6)
She Makes Me Smile (5)
She Brings Me (5)
Stink It Up (Sweet Forever) (5)
Gotta Feel Love (4)
Mrs. Wilson (8)
Love's Exquisite Mystery (4)
The Night Has Its Price (7)
Good Enough (3)
Jukebox (2)
Pretending You Were Mine (2)
She Won't Cry For Me (2)
Every Time I Say Your Name (2)
Get Well Soon (1)
The Gallery Heist (1)
Same Name, Same Skin (V2)-- (1)

I've had emails from 2 people who are going to do some big listening / choosing these next 2 days, but If there's anyone else who wants to chime in, please!

It'd be great to have this sorted by 10/10, so 8 days!

Hugs and thanks to all involved in this.

[avatar]

I would like to cast a vote for Sleep Mama Sleep! I love how it rocks back and forth on those 2 chords, and the one note melody over the changing chords in the "How many more" section. I like the delicate yet sparkly instrumental in the middle. It is almost meditative in quality and really beautiful!

[avatar]

She Brings Me. I get into the song right away. I really like that woody synth sound. The rapid fire lyrics are so good and have a great rhythm to them. Great use of repetition with the title line. I really like the vocals also, and the excellent phrasing and styling, and the "ah" after z sound in "knees". The "need and "knees" are a good word pairing also. Melodically it is memorable and like most of your songs, kind of mesmerizing. Love the middle eight section. The little marimba synth outro is cool too.

[avatar]

Pink Fur Collar
Where The Cool Kids Go - love the funky grove
Married on a Sunday - I like the bright instrumental treatment of a dark song. It is also super catchy and memorable
Pretending You Were Mine - love that bass line and the chord progression, and how in your face the lyrics (which are great) and performance is
One Day Out Of Memphis- love the smooth vibe and gentle vocals to match, great song concept, nice synth sounds,
Every Time I Say Your Name - Great guitar and bass lick that you echo with your vocal melody. I like how it wraps around with the delay. It has a cool swing vibe to it also which I like
A Girl Like You - I really like this one melodically and how you built the track - the progressive rise in the chords - the trumpet like sound - how the track interacts with your vocal melody - it delights my ears
She Brings Me - Cool lyrics - I feel like I have commented on this one before - great use of repetition, and the "all I need" really sticks with me. Love the rhythm in your lyrics.
Pink Fur Collar - Has a little Jimmy Buffet feel to it. Great lyrics, nice beat, I like the space in your lyrics in the first part of the verses, and that is a nice contrast to your wraparound lyrics that follow in the chorus
The Night Has Its Price - the track sounds like night sounds which is cool. Great title line and how you sing it is very memorable. Nice lyrics. I like how you incorporated dreams into the lyrics - the track has a dreamy quality to it also. Cool song.

I hope this helps!! Your music is awsome

[avatar]
@andrea

I am ready to cast some votes. I had some ready for songs that are already in, so I decided to concentrate on those with only 2 votes. I will give a vote to: She Makes Me Smile, A girl Like You, And Jukebox. If Jukebox is off the table, I will give my 3rd vote to A Town called Carnage. Good luck Wolf!!

[avatar]

Thanks so much @sheslin and @andrea. I'm so glad about several of your picks. I was a bit concerned about a few of them not making the cut.

@andrea for the time being I'll put both Jukebox and A Town Called Carnage over the line,

Both your input leaves us with 2 more choices from a pool of 12. To which group I've "re added" "Show Me That". which somehw got lost in the shuffle. Happens because my short term memory issue makes sorting like this an absolute nightmare. I i'm curring and pasting a shuffle of stuff and the phone rings, or Coop want out, I completely lose track. Anyway, @sbs2018 will be glad to know it should have always and is now again in contention.

There are still 4 of the tracks from the 11 that I'd love to see represented but I'll try to keep out of it and I have a few more that I really regret never made it onto the 2 vote list.
* Tomcat (4)
* Stealth (7)

But here we are, looking for 2 choices from the remaining 2 vote group:

Some Folks Are Crazy (6)
Gotta Feel Love (4)
Mrs. Wilson (8)
Show Me That (4)
Good Enough (3)
She Won't Cry For Me (2)
Get Well Soon (1)
The Gallery Heist (1)
Also please consider:
* Tomcat (4)
* Stealth (7)

Thanks so much for all the love and care. I'd have a breakdown trying to make these choices on my own.

We need 2 more for the TOP30!!!!

Hugs@!!!!!!!

[avatar]

Well now the hubs is dancing around the house singing along with “Show Me That” - lol! Too much fun!

[avatar]

Ooohoooo! 2.30 Hey Katie. Bass!!! Incredible. I think the vocals could come up a bit.

And.... the Fire-setting... yeahhhhhhh.....ohhhhh...

[avatar]

@ferry0123 Thanks again, my friend. We would be nowhere NEAR where we are now if not for your incredible work and support! :)

@sbs2018 LOL! That's great. Most rockstars get an entire generation dancing and singing along, I'm happy to settle for one entire household! :) I'll take that as a vote indeed! The best kind.
You'll need to make him a mixtape of the remaining pool and watch carefully for the one of those that gets his thumbs (and butt) up!! LOL. We need one more "hit single" to fill spot 30.

Here's the list:
Some Folks Are Crazy (6)
Gotta Feel Love (4)
Mrs. Wilson (8)
Show Me That (4)
Good Enough (3)
She Won't Cry For Me (2)
Get Well Soon (1)
The Gallery Heist (1)
Also please consider:
* Tomcat (4)
* Stealth (7)

[avatar]

How did I miss “Gotta Feel Love” - another fave of mine and he was chuckling over those growls - especially that thing you do at the end - lol!

[avatar]

Oh and I vote for “Tomcat” after my high school boyfriend who signed his letters “TomKat.” Anybody remember letters?

PS - drums are spectacular in this one.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Thank you. So now I have 31! (?) ideas?

[avatar]

“Mrs. Wilson” and “She Won’t Cry” could also be contenders. Maybe 33 is a nice, round number with a connection to the old 33 vinyls. :)

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Dang, started with 20, then 25, then 30, now 33.....
I like the idea cos I like numbers like 11, 22, 33... etc.but that'd be a third of WK100!
I don't know.... anyone else got an opinion?

[avatar]

That’s a good point! I’m no expert on releasing songs on Spotify but as I browsed the internet for release tips, I see you may want a strategy other than a list of favorite songs - there are just so many. May have to be brutal!

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Apart from the difficulty chooing for me personally, another reason I brought up this thread and I'm awed by the response, was to make sure I wasn't just choosing my "personal favorites". It's always a big decision which "singles" to take from an album, and it's not one that the album creator/s do on their own, so much of music is "by committee".... I love those old Motown morning meetings stories.....
Of course it can hurt to be "brutal" especially when there's a chance that ones I really believe "reach out", will miss a spot, but to come to this list 30, 31, 33 whatever, I've already had to "leave behind" around 60 of them, and some beauties in that group too.... so I'm prepared to cull down even the 33....

Anybody got any ideas how to make 30 into 15 or 20?

[avatar]

One suggestion I read on a Spotify site was to have the artist create a playlist of their favorites because listeners like that. I know I pay attention when I know a particular artist favorite. Anyway, that’s probably enough from me. :)

[avatar]

@sbs2018 well, once I get to spotify... LOL... It's taken forever to even get 10 of the 31 beyond perfect, I can always make a playlist of my favorites, when there's some critical mass to make a list from.

But for now, to get started, and to know where to focus, I'm thinking to put up the absolute best (not just my opinion) up, say 20 of them, the "hits", the complete representative showcase....

So I've come up with this list..... I'm keen to know if there's any objections....Is there anythiing in the top20 that really shouldn't be there? Are there any below 20 that really need to be in the 20?

MUST BE IN:
001 Hole In My Head (2)
003 She Brings Me (5)
004 Pink Fur Collar (5)
006 She Makes Me Smile (5)
007 Bury Mary (7)
008 Snake Over a Waterfall (6)
009 Strength To Believe (Next To You) (4)
010 Fashion Demands (3)
011 Hey Katie (8)
012 One Day Out Of Memphis (2)
013 Married On A Sunday (1)
014 Be Free (6)
015 Like A Fool (4)
016 The Night Has Its Price (7)
017 Summer Number One (8)
018 Jukebox (2)
019 Show Me That (4)
020 Then Comes Five (8)

SHOULD/COULD BE IN:
021 Gotta Feel Love (4)
022 A Girl Like You (4)
024: Time passes, Listen (1)

OTHER SERIOUS OPTIONS:
026 Miss You More (8)
027 Real This Time (8)
029. Every Time I Say Your Name (2)
030: A Town Called Carnage (6)
031. ? Tomcat (4)

@ferry0123 as co-producer, my friend, what do you think?

[avatar]

If able to add 1 more-

If able to add a 2nd-

[avatar]

@heliosonorous Yes, but I'm trying to solidify the top 20 (maybe 25) , not add more songs. What migh you suggest I drop from the showcase album to include those 2 tracks???

[avatar]

There a few tracks in the top 20 I don't think I've heard yet, but I'd feel odd asking you to drop a track without comparing it.....
But the others I mentioned do stand out and I think they are in the top 20 of all of your stuff I've listened to.

[avatar]

The top 20 has my favorites... except for "Real This Time" and "A Girl Like You," which has been playing in my head. One thing I dig about "A Girl Like You' is when the drums go wild similar to "CC Rider" when Elvis opens up his Vegas act... Would I drop any of my other favorites to make room for it? I don't think so,... Would I drop others for them? Oh yeah, but they are other people's favorites so I think your list is a good one.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 . Thanks for the feedback and that's quite a big set of shoes to be compared with! . With yours, @ferry0123 and @heliosonorous ' extra selections, somehow, we're back up to 33. And all of the final group are in super production development. Hours more work on each. I just can't think how to narrow it down more.....

Ultimately I guess everything will end up in distribution, but I want this first group to be a calling card of absolte killer tracks. And while I'm confident they are amongst the best I've got, especially the top 20, that doesn't mean much in the real world.

Here's where I'm at right now....

MUST BE IN:
001 Hole In My Head (2)
003 One Day Out Of Memphis (2)
004 Snake Over a Waterfall (6)
006 Summer Number One (8)
007 She Brings Me (5)
008 Married On A Sunday (1)
009 Like A Fool
010 Pink Fur Collar
011 Hey Katie (8)
012 (5) Fashion Demands (3)
013 Show Me That (4)
014 Be Free (6)
015 Strength To Believe (Next To You) (4)
016 Jukebox
017 She Makes Me Smile (5)
018 Bury Mary (7)
019 The Night Has Its Price (7)
020 Then Comes Five (8)

DEFINITE MAYBE'S:
021 A Girl Like You (4) K
022 Real This Time (8) K
024: Light It Up, Tear it Down (6) H
025 Gotta Feel Love (4)
026 Nevermore (I Swear, I Swore) (3) H
027 Miss You More (8) F
028 She Won't Cry F
029 A Town Called Carnage (6)
030 Some Folks Are Crazy F
031 The Big Trapeze F
032 Love's exquisite Mystery F
033: Mrs. Wilson F

Should I trim more? Which to trim? Trimming is not the "end" of a song. It's just sending the best forward in a neat sampler package..

[avatar]

Music is so much a matter of taste, I'm not sure you could come up a definitive list of the "best." If I were going to slide one of those "maybes" up onto the definitive list, I would probably add Some Folks are Crazy. Not to complicate things by bringing up songs that aren't on your list, but I really like Above the Rubble Waits the Sky. I seem to recall that you've written a bunch of quieter, more pensive songs. I'd like to hear some of those :) The bottom line is that you could probably grab 20 of these songs at random and go to war with them. I'm a big help, I know :)

[avatar]

@rayboneor I'll take as the highest compliment that you can name a song of mine from memory and seek it out! :) And your words are encouraging too. Thank you. But my heart does sink a little when I hear of another song that might have been in contention, and then I'm reminded, it's just the initial salvo we're preparing here....Great to have lots more in reserve for the future!
Thank again...!!!!

[avatar]

UPDATE: Due to the infinite patience and care of my dear friend @ferry0123 and a minimum of 7 hours work a day for the past 3 weeks were in a place to begin final listens for the best of "WK: BRAND" album.

I've decided that 33 is a fine number and all the tracks are at least 40% better quality production. The difference is audible and incredible! :) Learned ALOT doing this crazy thing. Now it's time to bring it in for a landing. So fasten your seatbelts and extinguish you're cigarettes, unless you're the captain in the cockpit. LOL.....

We'll be doing final tweaks on 11 songs at a time, allowing maximum 3 days to reach perfect satisfaction. So if you have 33 minutes in the next 3 days please take a llisten to the first 11 tracks (01-11) of the album and leave a note here or drop me an email if you hear ANYTHING that could be improved in the mix. Something too loud, not loud enough, anything. Thanks. wolfkier (AT) gmail (DOT) com.

You'll find the album here. https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-final-mix-listens

The tracks are clearly numbered 01-11 .
The songlist titles we're focusing on is:
001 Hole In My Head (2)
003 One Day Out Of Memphis (2)
004 Snake Over a Waterfall (6)
006 Summer Number One (8)
007 She Brings Me (5)
008 Married On A Sunday (1)
009 Like A Fool
010 Pink Fur Collar
011 Hey Katie (8)

Thanks so much in advance. I'm hoping in 7-9 days from now to be done with this 20 month massive undertaking! Then taking a big break to enjoy the snow in November! :) YAY!

[avatar]

[Let me edit this by saying that my comment comes from a place of love and respect. I continue to be amazed by the quality of Wolf's songs, performances, and production. Not surprised, though]

I sometimes wonder if this quest for 'perfection' isn't something of a burden. Lloyd Cole, who I support on Patreon, is making a new album. Here's what he had to say about the mixing process:
The actual mixing sessions were unlike any I'd experienced before. Chris's ear for detail is astonishing and his seemingly limitless desire to make each track as close to perfect as is humanly possible is something to behold. Frankly he wore me out on several occasions. His ear for imperfection is quite possibly a burden. Guitar tracks which seemed perfect to me proved, upon further inspection, after Chris heard 'something', to be not quite perfect. Thankfully, Mark is well versed in moving audio around on the computer. On numerous occasions I had to apologise for bringing imperfect audio to the sessions... it sounded fine to me.

I guess you have to be true to yourself. At any rate, I am always happy to spend some time listening to some Wolf tunes. Don't expects any nitpicking, though. :)

[avatar]

Do I dare say 1-11 are even better than ever? If it's true that nobody ever forgets how you made them feel, then nobody will ever forget how Wolf music made them feel. For example, "One Day Out of Memphis" soothes me into a trance until I'm floating. "Summer Number One" lures its way onto the top of my list for the first time. "She Brings Me" brings me to my 20s flirting on the dance floor. "Like a Fool" mesmerizes its way into my head the most. "Pink Fur Collar" makes me feel like a dreamy teenie bopper crushing on the guitarist in the band - lol! What a collection! How do you limit them? We are all so privileged to be able to get these sneak previews and to lend our ears in service of making any minute improvement. My ears have been seduced - they cannot hear any nits.

[avatar]

Okay, ignore any previous comments. This all sounds amazing! Great choice for an opening number. There are lots of strong songs I hadn't heard before, and some that I'd forgotten. It would be hard to pick favorites on a first listen through. Those first four songs are killer. Pink Collar, Then Comes Five, and A Girl Like You hit me hard, too.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 and @rayboneor . You guys are fantastic! Thank you so much for the espcially kind words. And thanks to all who sent tweak. I've got about 15 left to do to finish up 1-11. Day after tomorrow we go to 12-22!

Re perfectionism. I think I'm just short of an intervention, but with a week to go I think I'll make it to my goal! My shrink says it's totally understandable in my personal case, but then she also thinks cocaine is an anti-depresant and does house calls so she can take Coop for a walk on the beach 2 or 3 times a week... LOL. I hope Mr. Cole appreciates the skills, talents and dogged quest for perfection. I'd love to be "worn out" because someone else is fussing over tweaking the guitar on the left side of a track! :)

I'm blessed to have a community that supports completing what it encouraged me to create in the first place. I hope others dive into their catalogs and sweat the great ones to the place they deserve to be!

Any crit however tiny very welcome. All ears hear all things. Be incredible!

[avatar]

UPDATE: @ferry0123 and I are ready for final listens (corrections) on tracks 12-22 over the next 2 days. If you hear anything unbecoming, please let me know here or via email. wolfkier(AT)gmail(DOT)com.

Here's the album link where you'll find 12-22 clearly marked: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-final-mix-listens

Tracks 1-11 are "done". Thanks to the good folks that went nit picking and found some lovely audio blunders to lift 1-11 to an entire new plain! :) I listen in stunned amazement, and I can hear every little contribution as if the nit picker's name jumps out and I just sit there thinking thanks for that one x, y, z! :) It's like "hearing" a class photograph. So, thank you to the class of 1-11!

I can't believe we're so nearly close to done. Just a week away from at least a two week break from anything musical. The first long break in 3 years. I've changed the lock on the studio door and arranged to give the key to my shrink as soon as I'm done uploading the finished WK:BRAND album to distribution.

[avatar]

Had to get in there before the lock is changed - lol! This collection has several favorites ("Show Me That," "Girl Like You," "Real This time,"), but I gotta say nothing captures who I am more than "Strength to Believe (Next to You)" - midnight drives on a dark lonely interstate finding strength in car and music. Not to mention the guitar vibe and I don't usually comment on guitars. Just one more way the production is exceptional. "Collab" often means lyrics and music and I don't like to share, but I gotta say @ferry0123 is the kind of collaborator I want on my team. How blessed @wolfkier is!

[avatar]

@sbs2018 You're too kind! To hear that a song has reached across the world and touched somebody in a deep meaningful way is such an amazing honor, and humbling privilege!
Indeed I am blessed. not just with @ferry0123 's unbelievable belief in my work, 12 years and counting, and incredible enthusiasm for deep deep deep nit picking that pushed me to look for answers and improve. One could not dream up a better collab partner and dear dear valued friend!

... but I also thank God every day that I am here, on the verge of completing a "life's work" project (although still looking feverishly for that elusive "head in a toilet bowl" reverb preset)...... I also still remember the day around a decade ago that an idiot doctor looked me in the eye and told me I with most certainty that I ("most certainly") had ALS and only had 6 months ("tops") to live.... So there's lots of grateful prayer going on.

And thanks to those who sent us their feedback about songs 12-22, All the input has been processed and I'm almost done with the suggested tweaks.

Tomorrow sometime I'll do final preps on songs 23-33 and let folks know it's safe road test that bunch for a final push to complete WK: BRAND! :)

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Thanks for your kind words, Kathy! Much appreciated. We both like to have ourselves a good Wolfchoon, right? And yes, I'm delighted to hear WK-song quality and sound quality in the ears! Lots of progress until we reach the 'done'-station :) Thanks for your support!

[avatar]

@ferry0123 - To risk gushing even more, I must say that the more I listen, the more I hear the genius in these songs - so many layers! And that takes a team!

[avatar]

@sbs2018 You got me blushing, thank you so much! It's such a joy to hear that people are appreciating the detail. I could write a pretty boring chapter of a book about vertical construction and quite a few of these songs have over 20 tracks which all have to "play nice" and that's as much my torment as it is my great fascination.

We hope that in around 24 hours @ferry0123 and I should be in a place to offer songs 23-33 for the nit-picking crew. I'll update then! Really looking forward to the end of this journey another 8 hour day today!

Thanks to all for your support and input. It really means so much to me. The first real snow falls tomorrow. By the end of this final push, I'll have something to ski on and shovel. Oh....... oh.... oh..... the joy!

[avatar]

@wolfkier I"m in a jumpy 'Love's exquisite mystery' mood, and the strings add such ancient-like mystery to it, I dig it! Indeed
@sbs2018, Wolfs songs are full of layers and it's a joy to have 'm reach the ears :)

[avatar]

@ferry0123 What a joy to have somebody to talk to about their love of wolfchoons - or should I call them “lovechoons”? But funny you should mention “Love’s Exquisite Mystery” - it was one of my recent “discoveries” and that’s when I realized the layers of ear candy in each @wolfkier song.

[avatar]

@ferry0123 and @sbs2018 . Thanks to both of you. I can hardly explain how moved I am to know that these songs have touched others; that they now have a life of their own in the hearts and minds people across the globe and that they are spoken about as familiar "living things" with names and characters! It's just mindblowing and I'm deeply honored.

Have to wait one more day to set out 23-33 for final nit picking. I've still got work to do on 2 of them to be completely sure Ferry and I have done all we can and ask for input about anything we may have overlooked. I'll announce it here. so get your nit picking hats, poison pens, and notepads ready.

In the mean time though there are so many of them, 31 of 33, that are as finished as they can be. So I hope you visit and enjoy. Still time for any final nits you can find before I send the 33 out for distribution, the release date in 11/2/22 for the WK: BRAND album. The best 33 tracks fromt the WK100 collection. Find the album here if you want to hear the absolute best we know how to do! https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand

In the meantime I uploaded the first of the tracks, the completely remasteered and reconsidered (even since WK100) "Hole In My Head" in the highest quality audio available. It actually makes me shiver when I listen to how clean, deep, and clear it is. And the pain it depicts. Thanks to all who helped make it that way through all it's iterations in the 10 years since I dropped it as a rough and ready 1 hour rough sketch demo on 5090 . If I remember only @arthurrossi, bless his soul, had the heart to leave a comment. I thought I'd hit the lottery .... LOL.... .

Check it out, like, subscribe, leave a little comment, and if you would please share it with your friends.

I'll be releasing all the WK:BRAND, WK100, and the coming WK11x11 songs on youtube so we can keep in touch between challenges! Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95KQXop010

[avatar]

@sbs2018 'lovechoons'... that's pretty accurate, I like it!
@wolfkier so very cool to be so close! Big moment is approaching fast : )

[avatar]

@sbs2018 and @ferry0123 "lovechoons"... LOL! I'm tickled that even my songs' nickname has a nickname now! They'll always be "Wolfchoons" to me! :)

@ferry0123 yes, my friend. A dozen years of development, growth, learning, frustration, nearly 2 years on the WK100 project, and now another month of super final polishing this voted best of, all coming to a head. Feels very cool. And thanks for being there with me and these songs all the way to the very end. I am indeed blessed to have a collab like you!

I need one more day before I can open up tracks 23-33 for final nit picking. I got so many great notes and each is one, some so tiny, it's cute, add one more incremental improvement to and past perfect. I'm touched and grateful for all the support. I'm looking forward to that big "vacation from music" at the end. (finally)

After I get the final notes from 23-33 and apply them, I have 9 very different listening devices and all 33 tracks (1hr 35 of music) will go through those devices and I'll collect any little tiny fixes I need to make. Then on, finally, to distribution,

here's the album link if you still want to contribute anything on tracks 1-22 before tomorrow. https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-release-11-2-22

In the mean time I published the second of 33 tracks to youtube, "Married On A Sunday, Smarter on a Monday" in absolute top quality audio ! :) - please give it a listen, a like, a comment, and if you haven't already subscribe so we can keep touch over the winter. I also shared on my twitter and facebook. So feel free to hook up there and leave a comment / share etc if it's your preferred social center.

Here's the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_ANIgQugk

Thanks so much to all who are invested in this. So much love! :)

[avatar]

Just like "Miss Scarlett and the Duke" have fans called the "Scarleteers," maybe "Lovechoons" are fans of "Wolfchoons" like me and @ferry0123 - lol! Getting quite anxious to give a final listen to 23-33 but I'll bide my time with another listen of 1-22. "One Day Out of Memphis" is playing now... intoxicating!

[avatar]

Wolf fine tunes a lot of production stuff, that's for sure. Every listen is getting better. Just wait and see (and listen) once there's no more fine tuning @sbs2018 to do :) Ah, 'One day out of Memphis'.... I did it for us, I did it for you!

[avatar]

@ferry0123 Ha! Yes! And that little “wolf howl” when he sings “us” …

[avatar]

@sbs2018 and @ferry0123 thanks for all the love for the songs. :) I know there's a very favorite couplet of mine in "Oh Samantha" that keeps coming up in my head every day!

Sorry about the hold up, I've been trying to keep up with all the tiny nits I goet email about on 12-22. and preparting 23-33 but finally, we're ready for any feedvback (at all, however tiny) about tracks 23-33 as we inch closer to being done!

You can leave your notes here for me in public or email me at wolfkier(@)gmail(dot)com. Thanks to everyone who's been nit picking and making WK: BRAND incrementally better and better.

Here's the album link: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-release-11-2-22

Aiming for release 11/2/22... that's 11 days... but hoping to be done quite a bit sooner. By the 28th/29th!

[avatar]

I've added "Like A Fool" and "Bury Mary" to my youtube channel and begun a WK: BRAND playlist so you can listen to all the uploads as they come online.. Give 'em a listen. Please leave a comment! And subscribe if you haven't already!
https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfkier

[avatar]

Listened to both. They sound mighty fine, my friend :)

[avatar]

Listened to “Like A Fool,” of course, but couldn’t leave a comment. :(

[avatar]

@sbs2018 . Thanks so much again. You don't know what your support means to me, I wonder if anyone else is having that problem or if it still is a problem????? Sheesh, first I have a bad profile for most of 5090 and now youtube won't play nice. Still, undaunted, I proceed!

Working hard on all the tweak notes on 23-33 I recieved from kind folks who are bringing so much love! Thank you all so much..... 8-10 hours a day to make it ultra perfect! Any further notes, however tiny, and personal taste are more than welcome.... every nit opens up my ears to another angle that brings some little extra.

Here's the album link again: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand

Still working to that November 2 release date for the WKBRAND album and starting my distribution life with that! Oh boy, I'm so thrilled at the improvements @ferry0123 and I have made to this bunch of 33 songs. It's like night and day; clarity, energy, I'm sometimes at the point of weeping at how proud I am of how professional it's all sounding!

I'm continuing to post the "DONE and DONE" tracks to my youtube, please take a listen, leave a comment and subscribe while you're there so we can keep in touch between close of 5090 and FAWM!

https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfkier

I've already posted finished hi-def/resolution versions of'
1. Hole In My Head
2. Sleep, Mama, Sleep
3. One Day Out Of Memphis
8. Married On a Monday, Smarter On A Monday
9. Like A Fool
10. Bury Mary
13. Show Me That (with a spiffy video by my famous German artist buddy, Trash/Treasure) :)
19. The Night Has It's Price

and in about an hour I'll post the finished "very shiny" version of #7: "She Bring Me".

If youtube works for you better than bandcamp: Here's the (growing daily) WK: BRAND youtuvbe playlist link! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95KQXop010&list=PLbtK5Th83ts9hXsqkk6ha2UQatV86szPg

[avatar]

Correx - I couldn’t leave a comment on “One Day out of Memphis” - not “Like a Fool.”

[avatar]

@sbs2018 I don't know what happened with One Day Out Of Memphis on youtube. I didn't do anything different with the upload but the comments came up disabled. So I fiddled some, and I don't know what I clicked but then they came back un-disabled...

SO UPDATE:
Anyway, now there are 13 of the 33 tracks on youtube, with a few more added each day >>>> Here's the playlist link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95KQXop010&list=PLbtK5Th83ts9hXsqkk6ha2UQatV86szPg
Please leave a comment/like/whatever.

Wednesday is release day, on bandcamp, and I'll begin uploading for wider distribution. 7 songs left to completely finalize.

22. Real This Time
23. Pretending You Were Mine
28. She Won't Cry For Me
30. Some Folks Are Crazy
31. The Big Trapeze
32. Love's Exquisite Mystery.
33. Real This Time

So if anyone has any tiny final nits to add to these, please let me know today or tomorrow. Find them on the album preview page by their track number here- https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-release-11-2-22

Hoping on Sunday to have everything ready for final run through 1-33 . And then have a few days for any corrections that appear necessary.

One foot in front of the other... nearly there! 20 months of at least 6 hours a day work. Thanks to all who are staying with the journey to the end!

[avatar]

FYI - “Real This Time” is on the list twice. Well, it certainly deserves to be mentioned twice. Everybody should be talking about it. It’s playing in my head right now! Lol!

[avatar]

You're right @sbs2018 . I meant it to be 33. Then Comes Five.
We're working hard. I'm putting in the last few 10 hour days before Wednesday's release. It's sounding fabulous and my main man @ferry0123 isutterly incredible.

The final work is being done on 4 tracks including #33. And I've got 18 of the DONE DONE tracks up on youtube. Please take a look and share sometnhing with just one other human being who might like it and ask them to do the same.... ! :)

https://www.youtube.com/c/WolfKier/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

We are getting there.... so close to the end of 20 months of crazy (with 14 weeks of Cluster Headaches to boot!)

4 days till vacation.

[avatar]

Ah, yes, “Then Comes Five!” The hubster couldn’t get a Cyndi Lauper song out of his head and “begged” me to play “Then Cones Five” - his favorite. “Brilliant! song” he said. And then he added, “Thanks for writing that, Wolf!”

[avatar]

Just listened to Fashion Demands. I did indeed laugh out loud

[avatar]

While playing this set one more time, "Bury Mary" stood out - the second song to give me chills - so I knew I had to play it for my husband and he said, "He's good!" So... two super fans here!

[avatar]

Thank you so much @sbs2018 and @rayboneor

So: UPDATE for the next 42 hours the WK:BRAND album is available for download at name your price for friends. You can download it for free, or, drop minimum $1 USD and leave a review on bandcamp and have access to the tracks on the bandcamp app. The presale version includes 3 bonus cover songs as well. They won't be in the official release version which will be priced $33.33 when the presale is over and the album goes "live" at noon eastern on Wednesday. I hope all those who helped with the voting, nit picking, encouragement, support, love, and "wellness checks" download and enjoy the results of their kindness.

Here's the album link: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand-presale-edition-out11-2-22
Here's the youtube playlist for the album (I've uploaded 22 of 33 tracks and more to come over the next 2 days until it's complete) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95KQXop010&list=PLbtK5Th83ts9hXsqkk6ha2UQatV86szPg please like, comment, subscribe and, if you possible, share with someone who you think will enjoy the music..

This has been an incredible adventure and it's been great to share it with so many friends.

Mostly great thanks and praise goes to my dear friend @ferry0123 who's work and dedication is comensurate with the bar reached in these mixes. I'm exhausted, and we're so nearly nearly at the date we've been aiming at with the quality we've been striving for.

Next step is spotify and wider distribution! Oh, boy!

CC: @andrea @aneil @dzdandcunfsd @ferry0123 @gm7 @heliosonorous @katestantonsings @lowhum @mandolinda @nadine @rayboneor @sbs2018 @sheslin @thedutchwidows @gardeningangel1

thank you.

[avatar]

Congratulations on getting this version all complete!

[avatar]

Balded fists in the air! Congratulations on this WK-WIN!

[avatar]

Thanks so much @heliosonorous and @ferry0123 !

And thanks to those who grabbed the special edition pre-release version and who waited til today and bought a copy of the WK: BRAND at full price! :)

I can't believe the date on the calendar!

The studio is locked, my shrink has the key. I left everything on the table! 20 months of my life for these 99 minutes of the best wolfchoons... at least 6 hours a day, sometimes 12, 14 weeks of pure hell cluster headaches, emergency surgery, extreme short term memory issues, and thousands and thousands of the tiniest tweaks and hundreds of remixes and remasters for each song. Way way beyond the "gold standard" I'd set for myself on the day after FAWM 2021.

Thank God for my dear friend @ferry0123 who's patience care and input can pretty much be heard in every second of every song. And thanks also to the voters, the nit pickers, the doubters, the supporters, and the songs - many of which I don't remember writing or recording, but which haunted me for all these years begging for completion.

Here's the finished album WK: BRAND link: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wk-brand
Here's the link to the WK100 anthology from which the 33 wolfchoons were chosen: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-kier-wk100
Here's the youtube full album playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95KQXop010&list=PLbtK5Th83ts9hXsqkk6ha2UQatV86szPg (don't forget to share fave tracks with your friends, hit the like thingy, and maybe even leave comment to start some interatcion)

Feels good! :)

[avatar]

Hey @wolfkier its good to hear @dzdandcunfsd is ok!

[avatar]

congratulations x

[avatar]

Thanks @wobbiewobbit

Indeed @coolparadiso these past few days have been blessed indeed! So glad to have our @dzdandcunfsd back and to know he's safe.

Many blessings!!! :)