Vocalist wanted for Viking song!

[avatar]

Hi,
@aeye created a really cool piece of Viking-inspired music, called 'Viking thing'.
https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/1911

Independently of that, I created lyrics called 'Valhalla' that also have a strong Viking theme, https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/10180

@florianhoffmann then suggested the neat idea of bringing the two together.

@aeye and myself would like to do that, but we now need a Viking vocalist. Or a vocalist who fancies pretending to be a Viking warrior for a few minutes!

If anyone fancies it, then let us know. Would be a case of supplying the vocals and then we'll get them layered over 'Viking thing' and adjust the track as needed.

Thanks

Simon

[avatar]

Oooh, cool! Love that you're taking it further. 👍 As much as I'd like to help, I fear my voice is too soft for the deep and powerful Viking sound you're looking for. ðŸĪŠ Do you already have a melody in mind, or does it need writing as well?

[avatar]

We'll need a melody as well, so that would need to be something, I think, that the singer would need to add that

[avatar]

@lyricslinger @aeye Ah, heck, this is just too good, I couldn't resist. How about this? https://soundcloud.com/florian-hoffmann-music/valhalla/s-zsswWGWM91s

[avatar]

Oh, that's awesome! Brilliant work, Florian. Really enjoyed listening to that. Just on my lunch break at the moment but look forwarding to listening some more later on today!

[avatar]
@nadine

What a cool idea!

[avatar]

@lyricslinger Hey, cool! 😊 Didn't mean to intrude into your project, by the way... hope I didn't offend you by coming forward with a complete remix... 🙄 @aeye's track is just such a super cool thing, with those sky-shattering brass blasts. ðŸĪŊ And together with those lyrics - man, it itched me everytime I passed this by. Anyhow, this project is still entirely yours, and you decide what to do with it.

@aeye I'll gladly pass on project files, tracks, etc., if you'd like to do your own magic with it. You know your trade and I'm convinced you can improve the things I remixed there. That main track, for example, I simply tuned it down by 4 semitones to bring it into my limited vocal range - that surely wasn't for the best of the chorus... the bass vocalists sound a little grumpy now. 😅 I also forced some of the harmonies by drowning them out with an additional layer of bass strings. All in all, it might sound more natural revisiting the MIDI.

Also, feel free to watch out for another vocalist. I'm sure some of the metalheads can belch that out much more beautifully than me. Maybe Nadine knows someone?ðŸĪ˜

[avatar]
@nadine

I know some metalheads and people who dig viking and celtic music, but unfortunately they only join FAWM. No idea about their social media activities. If I were you, I'd start a thread in February.

[avatar]

I love it the way it is. Very dramatic and I love the way 'As the thunder gods awake' is followed by thunder, and again after the 'All that awaits is pain' line. Very cool. Sounds like a song that should be part of a movie soundtrack!

Also like the idea of finding a metal singer for a different take on it. Nice idea Nadine to revisit in February. Maybe something to make a note of and return to!

[avatar]
@aeye

hey sounds great as is! Really cool ideas. ( I purposely made it somewhat loopable to be able to add more to it. ) @florianhoffmann @lyricslinger

[avatar]

@lyricslinger @aeye Ooh, sorry, forgot to hit Submit on my last comment. ðŸĪĶ‍♂ïļ That's what happens when the kids interrupt all the time... 😅 OK if I share the song on SoundCloud? If you don't want to wait until FAWM, I could try browsing some of the other forums for a singer, such as musesongwriters.com or the German recording.de. (No clue whether there are suitable people around, but may be worth a try?)

[avatar]

@florianhoffmann , yeah, absolutely fine. Let me know if you find someone - that would be very exciting! And I certainly know all about being interrupted by kids. I'm only getting peace to reply to your comment as they are currently on electronic devices :)

[avatar]

@lyricslinger @aeye Are you still around? Can I reach you outside of FAWM? I have posted a "singer wanted" on two sites and am beginning to receive feedback that I'd like to share with you.