Irreloquent - Stephen Wordsmith & friends' latest Bandcamp collab album - out now!

[avatar]

Once more unto the breach, dear listeners!

Irreloquent is Stephen's seventh and most personal album yet - a true journey from start to finish, beginning and ending with the motifs of staring out the window, and exploring both the world outside and the wider world within. See the universe in a dusty wineglass. Smell the petrichor on the sanctum's shingle roof. Meet the man in red and face his challenge. Hear the thud of the bird that flies like a stone. Taste the sugar crystal in the cup of cyanide*, and save a thousand lives from dying in the sand, before returning to the same words that you started with, pregnant with an entirely different meaning.

For the first time, the album has been mastered by Mt. Melodie, bringing together a range of genres every bit as diverse as the lyrics within and the artists behind them - the threads of fate bringing together New Zealand, Australia, The US, Canada, the UK, Germany, Norway, Finland and Bulgaria.

*Figuratively speaking. Please.

https://stephenwordsmith.bandcamp.com/album/irreloquent

A huge thank you to the contributors: @moonraccoon , @lowhum , @tinear , @theresaj, @vainhirvain, @rshakesp , @songwritingzen , @w1n, @dzdandcunfsd , @petemurphy , @rosedeschamps, @ductapeguy , @metalfoot , @seemanski , @pearlmanhattan , @tcelliott , @sph and @kenmattsson ... particularly @w1n for his expert mixing.

[avatar]

(seriously, you should check this out. It's like a free FAWMpilation, with more tracks.

And better lyrics).

[avatar]
@nadine

Happy release day! I will take a look after finishing and listening to 50/90 stuff. So glad I'm not the only doing multi collaboration albums or FAWMpilations. Yay!

[avatar]

@nadine - They're great, aren't they? I've queued up 'Going my way' to listen to tihs morning. I worked with @meadows on my first album, back in 2012.

[avatar]

Yoink!

[avatar]

What a privilege to be with such esteemed musical company!

[avatar]

*cheer*

[avatar]

congrats! are all these songs drawn from this past Feb. FAWM in 2022? (or prior fawm's?) or is some of this from this past few months' 50-90' songwriting challenge? (just curious...)

[avatar]

@mikeskliar : It's mostly if not entirely from last year's FAWM and 5090.

[avatar]
@w1n

Hi @stephenwordsmith could you correct the liner notes so it says mastered by , and not all mixing by, cause I’ve only mixed my own track as I would guess everyone did.

[avatar]

@w1n: Good catch. I've corrected the album page, but I'm going to have to go through the individual tracks and make some changes.

[avatar]

First impressions after listening this through 1.5 times:
It's remarkable how coherent this sounds as an album. Styles and sonic aesthetics vary greatly, but these songs really seem to belong together. Consistently high quality with not a dud in the bunch. To better understand all the subtleties in the lyrics I need to listen and read them more, but they appear to cover a great deal of themes in both elaborate poetry and more straightforward pop lyric style.

Highlights for me are Art by Chance with its intricate, delicate, philosophical beauty; The Man In Red with its up-beat, funky interpretation of an intriguing lyric; Same Old Somersault with its crushingly touching, sad and concerning kind of beauty and You're Enough with its dramatic treatment of a lyric from the more bare-boned end of the spectrum.

But honestly, tomorrow my favourites might be any of the other songs. Really enjoyable all the way through, @stephenwordsmith and co.

[avatar]
@gm7

Theresa Johnson - Art by Chance
from Irreloquent by Stephen Wordsmith

Love this piano/ voice driven song which elevates these lyrics to an another level. A little dark(I like it)..like a scene from a movie. My fav! Magic!