Within Sight Of Fifty Songs

[avatar]
@fuzzy

Hi there.
There are presently 37 tracks on my list, the most I've ever had during 50/90, so I'm in sight of 50 songs.
I'm conflicted, though; do I just produce one or maybe two more tunes that I am happy with and call it a day, or do I put the push on and hit 50 with some (to me) substandard tracks just to reach that arbitrary goal??

Anyone else in the same boat??
What would you do??

[avatar]

I'd say Go For It! Only 13 more songs to hit the target so why not? Don't worry about "substandard tracks"! Consider them drafts that you can finish later or maybe even at FAWM.

[avatar]

As for the "same boat", with only 2 songs this year, not only am I *not* in the same boat, heck, I'm not even near the lake!

[avatar]

@fuzzy - Absolutely go for it! That's 13 in 11 days - totally doable.
I'm not even sure "substandard" really exists in FAWM and 50/90, especially in the last few days.

[avatar]

@chipwithrow Do you think I should make a charge for 50 as well?

[avatar]

@metalfoot if you have run out of small towns in Manitoba, you could go run through the spices in your spice cabinet. You did a bang up job of the periodic table.

[avatar]

@mandolinda Nowhere close to exhausting the supply of little towns in Manitoba!

[avatar]
@fuzzy

OK, I just posted track number 38.
I'm on my way to 50!!
@metalfoot, you're at 33, so I know you can do it!!

[avatar]

My only concern is that your songwriting might get in the way of your ability to generate fake band names :)

[avatar]
@fuzzy

I'll try my best, @rayboneor!! šŸ˜€

[avatar]
@fuzzy

Number 39 just posted.
That's two today.
I'm gonna do this!! šŸ˜€

[avatar]

@fuzzy @metalfoot you got this!

[avatar]

Depends on if ya want a rest before Rocktober or any other commitments you may have. The burnout is real. If you have energy and time, why not consider getting another song or two done ? Or maybe you might want to try doing a Crap Art Album A Day and rattle off a few in a row off to boost your numbers ?
Myself Iā€™m feeling the creative drive has left for a bit, and am now pretty much just going where I feel like with what I want to do. Until the drive comes again Iā€™m not going to force any more songs out of me. Quite chilled really. Sloth like, maybe

[avatar]

yeah, that's something that happens alot this time of year in 50/90...hm,, I'm at thirty-something, do I push on, etc. I think one year I decided naa, I've done enough, but most other years (including so far, this one, probably) I've pushed on and used that feeling to get a few more then I otherwise would have. Helps that I have some free time these days, too, which of course is a limiting factor for many of us. I'm at 45 songs or so by now tho, so, yeah, I would think I'm gonna press on and get to 50.. tho i will probably take a few 'days off' next week for various other life-getting in the way- reasons. anyway, best of luck to all, and press on! :)

[avatar]
@gm7

@mikeskliar remember the song by 3 Dog Night "One"
One is the loneliness number that could ever be.
so is 49 ......you have to make 50!šŸ˜Ž

[avatar]
@yam655

I wanted to remind you that the ten, 10 second songs challenge was originally invented in 50/90 specifically to help pad out song counts.

If you find you start running out of steam toward the end, just go shorter until it gets easier again. šŸ˜€

[avatar]

I didn't think I was going to make it but I've just posted number 40 and there's about 5 more in varying levels of completion so maybe I'll just pad it out with a few songs about any old rubbish and see what happens :).

One thing I learned during FAWM is that you can write a song about basically anything. I wrote one about a microwave. There's plenty of other household appliances that can be celebrated in song, I'm sure.

[avatar]
@aneil

I don't think Ive ever made 50 complete songs usually 50 Lyrics easy but studio takes time and I'm lacking in those skills and time generally. lyrics I can write between school runs at cricket games lunch breaks anywhere but now I need time with my instruments and recording devices

[avatar]

and now, with a song I wrote and posted earlier tonight I'm at..... 49! I guess I'm going to have to do at least one or two more, right?

good luck to all, do whatever feels right, but to those who think it's almost impossible.. it ain't! sometimes the most interesting stuff comes when you're almost out of time and just 'create' without overthinking....