Wolf Kier: WK100

[avatar]

After 18 months of serious work (at least 6 hours a day) I've finally completed the WK100 project. An anthology of 100 of my best/fave songs from 16 years of songwriting, production, incl. 12 years of FAWMing. The best of me reimagined, reworked, remixed, remastered. 5 hs and 6 mins
The collection is one HUGE 100 track album: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-kier-wk100
Also broken up into 8 sub-albums based loosely on theme, era, style, whimsy, ease of digestion.
Find the 8 volumes on my bandcamp: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/
I'm going to post each of the 8 albums as "songs" here, the player will play through all songs & you can leave a little review AND, please, mention your faves for a coming 15track "WK:BEST20" album.

Links to the 5090 song pages and the bandcamp albums are in the next post below:

If you do listen, please let me know which are your fave songs because...
If you purchase any one of the 8 sub-albums I'll send you a link for a free download of the WK:BEST20 album, (based on YOUR input) before end of 5090.
This "WK:BEST20" will be what I finally distribute to spotify, amazon, etc. So please help me choose whcih wolfchoons would make a new listener want to seek out more. I'm bias. :)
Special thanks goes to @ferry0123 who is named co-producer. For 12 years (almost daily) he's been my ears, conscience, supporter, & main man! Thank you, my dear dear friend.
I've also added a THANKS section to the WK100 album page to all my friends here (if I missed youlet me know)
The irony that no one gives a rat's a$$ about me or my work is not beyond me, but there's 1000s of hours of work here at the craft/s I've devoted my life to. Songwiriting and production. So I have to make a little whoopie about reaching this life milestone! Help me celebrate reaching this goal.
Thanks FAWM
+
The 1st album sale buys my rock hands, 2nd &3rd will pay for distribution for year 1, 4th I'll get myself a cup of coffee.

Miss you, @dzdandcunfsd :(

[avatar]
@nadine

Congratulations, Wolf! Unbelievable how you were able to work on this project for years. I lift my hat for all the patience mixing and mastering 100 songs. Your ears must be done, so take a pause and enjoy your release 😀
Thanks that we could be a bit of help for you. It's been fun to listen to your songs and follow your musical journey. Thanks for adding me to the thank you list

[avatar]
@gm7

Wolf.....a major accomplishment..congrats

[avatar]

Yes, truly amazing! Congratulations! After listening to the first 3 albums, I already have 11 favorites so limiting myself to 15 will be impossible! :)

[avatar]

Quite the journey, my dear friend. Your work ethic is incomparable to anyone else's I know... incredible. The harvest of your collection as a result is evident! Great reminder: with hard work one can accomplish so much to be proud of and happy about! Okay, what's next on the timeline? :)

[avatar]

Thanks so mudh all of you.
@nadine I've made the correction on the thank you list, my apologies, Thank you for your kind words, and mix advice, that came at all the right times!
@gm7 - I didn't forget to add a thanks to you on the WK100 album, my friend. Your input and support was very helpful. You seemed really certain on some of your comments about which were your favorites. I remember you being particularly complimentary about "Safer Than Love" and "Gotta Feel Love" (the first 2 tracks on album 4). So I hope you'll poke around a little in the collection and come up with your votes for WK:BEST20.
@sbs2018 It's become WK:BEST20 (+ 4 or 4 cover songs) LOL, So you might have to go all "Sophie's Choice" on your final list.... :)
@ferry0123 I'll never tire of writing the words "THANK YOU"....to you. (there's a hook in there somewhere)
What's next? I'm afraid to tell you, my friend. But we start work on Monday! (so pack your scarf AND your swimming shorts AMD those crazy headphones of yours that hear clicks on the tracks no human could detect!) hehehe.....

I really am excited, relieved and happy to have reached this real personal dream. It's been my goal sice about 2016 to create, compile, and present as a collection 100 worthy wolfchoons. Once the songs were culled from 1700 I had no idea it would take 18months of hard labor (under some excrutiating circumstances) to achieve but here we are on release day! That dream's checked off my bucket list!

[avatar]

We made it. Release day!
Thanks so much to all who played any part in encouraging, supporting, and believing in my work.
Hugs!

[avatar]

Hot damn! It's time to go for a very long walk and give me ears a treat. Congratulations!!

[avatar]
@nadine

Happy release day 🥳🎉
... and thanks for correcting. Everything is fine!

[avatar]
@andrea

Congratulations!!! will definitely make some time this week to listen through the song. I will do my best to pick my favorites :)

[avatar]

Wolf,
CONGRATS!!! You have those amazing perfectionist ears with production. You and @ferry0123 are celebrating today for sure. What an accomplishment!

[avatar]
@andrea

I listened to the first album, 'Time Passes, Listen'. I liked them all. Do you want me to give you my favorites in this thread, on your page, or in an email?

[avatar]

@andrea. Thank you so much. Please list. Your caves on the vol1 aoundpage and. I'll add the votes to the tally I'm collecting there. https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/8973
@katestantonsings. Thanks my friend.
Thank you.
@nadine @rayboneor. Thank you. Don't forget to list any faves for the vote tallies for WK:BEST20

[avatar]
@nadine

@wolfkier: Have you considered using an online poll tool like Google Forms (https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/?tgif=d), EasyPolls (https://www.easypolls.net) or Mentimeter (https://www.mentimeter.com)? Sharing the link everybody can tick some boxes. It may be easier for you to figure out the general and anonymous top20 without counting excel sheets or crosses in your notebook. I'm not sure about the limits of each tool.

[avatar]

@nadine thanks for the suggestions but this way is working fine for now and people can leave their lists here on the 8 volume song page links above or even in a quick email. Wolfkier/gmail
I'm thrilled so many people are chiming in and the real faves are quickly revealing themselves, much different to what I would have guessed or chosen...
Hugs...
And thanks all!

[avatar]

Congratulations on making this happen!

[avatar]

🎊 Cheers for your hard work, and congratulations! 🎊

[avatar]

Congratulations @wolfkier! What an achievement, so wonderful to see it come to fruition. Whoop whoop! 🎉

[avatar]

Thanks @heliosonorous @massnerdy and @davidtaro !

Happy to report another couple things checked off my bucket list. ,,,

The "revenue" from my 18 months of madness has so far....
1) bought me my "rock hands"
2) paid for the first years' distribution with "distrokid"
3) paid for the first of a few happy cups of coffee that I'm enjoying as writing this post! :)

Thank so much to everyone who's helped, waved little flags, listened, and those who are purchasing downloads or sharing the music via social media!

I got to where I wanted to be. Feels good!

[avatar]

So happy to see the revenue coming in. It’s an awesome feeling! You deserve that and so much more!

[avatar]

Congrats! I look forward to digging in.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 hardly enough to make a downpayment on Neverland Ranch, but each macchiato has the flavor of a small victory!

@chrismyth02 Thank you. I hope what you find gives you some joy! Please take a moment to note any particular favorites to vote for to make up the WK:Best20 for my first uploads to Spotify etc.

[avatar]

@wolfkier Oh didn’t you and @dzdandcunfsd “tour” that? Well, no worries - I think it’s off the market now… enjoy the macchiatos!

[avatar]

Goodonya my friend. I will be making a little purchase, enjoy your coffee.

[avatar]

Goooooooo Wolfie! You did it! 🤘 Quite an accomplishment indeed, all while wrangling hordes of exquisite corpses and battling the dreaded cluster headaches.

Don't feel bad about losing the bid on Neverland, I hear the place was full of termites and dry rot.

[avatar]

Thank you, @coolparadiso !

@sbs2018 Indeed we did. The last time I saw @dzdandcunfsd he was laughing his ass off and on his way up on the Ferris wheel at Neverland with Bubbles the chimp - Deez spoke fluent Chimpanzee.

God, I wish he was here to enjoy this achievement. He put in many many hours over these past 18 mounts listening, supporting, consulting, song selection, and hand holding at my most anxious moments in the most complex of the mixes. I don't think a lot of people know what a great producer he was. Not to mention what an absolute gem of a human being and incredibly versatile and giving musician. Also, if the GIMME15s were incredible it was his ears (although he was part deaf in one, that helped shape the audio dynamic there. Listen to his great album release in April here: https://quazimodosballs.bandcamp.com/album/paved-intentions
I did some mastering for him, but man, they didn't need much tweaking.
His shed where he made music had an old stereo system that revealed as much about the flaws in a mix as @ferry0123 's magical headphones. He'd take batches of the songs to work with him and played the tracks for his work buddies on the worksite boom box, gauging their reactions, reporting back on the winners and losers and how the mixes translated in that unique environment . He even got his mom involved.
+
Wherever you are right now, buddy, I hope you're happy! I miss you so much. :(

[avatar]

Hey Wolf, I'm listening to Mescaline right now. It's a strong album for sure--I'm not sure how to pick favorites. Light it Up, Tear it Down is pretty hot. I liked Snake Over a Waterfall a lot. The guitar/drum/bass on Be Free is amazing. Just Saying is a fun little romp and contains some masterful vocals. It all sounds pretty amazing, top to bottom.

[avatar]

@rayboneor Thanks, Danny. I've added your selections to the voting on the vol6 songpage. https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/9107
Looks like A Town Called Carnage, The Big Trapeze (Let It Go), Snake Over A Waterfall, Be Free & Light It Up, Tear It Down are winning the popularity poll on vol7.
Any one else want to vote there(or on any other or all of the albums best > See links in 2nd post above) so we have a good cross-section of tastes helping make the decision?
@gardeningangel1 Thank you, my friend. You helped a lot too.... you know. I'm exhaused but pleased. I only wish our @dzdandcunfsd was here to enjoy what we achieved. To your post, the only 2 resting places in the world I've got my sights set on are Neverland and Graceland. Hopefully they've kept better care of the latter.

[avatar]

Here's the votes so far on vol1" Time Passes, Listen.

1. Time Passes, Listen 03:15 (3)
2. Oh Samantha 03:17
3. Deaf Girl On The Highway 03:17
4. Sleep, Mama, Sleep 03:17 (3)
5. Get Well Soon 03:28 (2)
6. Married On A Sunday (NSFW) 02:52 (2)
7. The Gallery Heist 03:27 (1)
8. Same Name, Same Skin (V2) 02:41 (1)
9. Sally Like A Book 01:54
10. Chase The Hope Horse 03:10
11. Osvaldo's Dog And Pony Show 02:39
12.. Autopsy 02:50 (1)

Leaders:
Time Passes, Listen & Sleep Mama Sleep (3 votes)
Get Wel Soon & Married on a Sunday (2 votes)

Any more votes on this one? Add them here: https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/8973

[avatar]

Here's the votes of vol4 Love's Exquisite Mystery set: \\

1. Safer Than Love 03:27
2. Gotta Feel Love 02:56 (2)
3. Hold You Like A Miracle 02:48 (1)
4.A Girl Like You 03:21 (2)
5. Like A Fool 02:31 (2)
6.Tomcat 03:15 (1)
7.Show Me That 03:03 (1)
8.Love That Much 02:56
9.Body and Mind 02:52 (1)
10. Dream On Me 02:21 (1)
11. Softly Now 03:12 (1)
12.Strength To Believe (Next To You) 03:05 (3)
13. Love's Exquisite Mystery 02:47 (2)

Leaders:
Strength To Believe (Next To You) 03:05 (3)
Gotta Feel Love 02:56 (2)
A Girl Like You 03:21 (2)
Like A Fool 02:31 (2)
Love's Exquisite Mystery 02:47 (2)

Any more votes for contenders for the WK:BEST20 collection for spotify from this volume of WK100? Listen and choose here https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/loves-exquisite-mystery-wk100-vol4

[avatar]

Congratulations, Wolf! I know what a massive undertaking this has been, and it's been a joy to get to peek at some of your gems here and there. Cheers and blessings to you, and keep on rocking!

[avatar]

Congratulations on your gargantuan accomplishment my friend! I'm sorry I've been MIA during this season. I've been diving into my unfinished works as you have been, at least for the sake of my own posterity. Not anywhere near the speed of light as which you operate, but movement nevertheless.
You are relentless, focused, intense and hugely talented and no one deserves getting to this finish line more than you! When my ears are fresh I shall immerse myself into your sonic masterpieces! Much love to you my friend. xoxosonya

[avatar]

@seanbrennan Thanks for the kind words. Your print worthy comments on so many of those tracks helped to bolster my faith in the worth of pursuing the project!

@sunnymae Thank you, my friend. For your always kind words. Good luck with your adventure in perfecting the beautiful music you make.Let me know if there's something I can do to help your project along! I hope you enjoy what you hear when you do have time to dip in! :)

@lowhum Thank you for adding your votes for best tracks from volumes 1 & 2. !!!

[avatar]

Call me crazy. I've had 8 days off and I'm already itching.... I've begun a new mega project WK11x11 (11 albums of 11 songs - unreleased songs from the Wolfchoon archives reworked remixed remastered up to WK100 expectations. ) Read more and chip in your mix notes for track 1 hot off the DAW. "something like a gun" here: https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/10038
Every one of these 121 tracks must be as good or better and as perfect and or better than any song in the WK100 collection .
And I'm happy to announce that @ferry0123 has agreed to co-produce this next descent into madness!

If you want to join the winter "nits and crits" team for WK11x11, please drop me a line at WOLFKIER(at)GMAIL(dot)COM.

Deep breath.... LOL...

[avatar]

To celebrate the last 8 days of 5090, I've decided to make each day one of the 8 volumes of WK100 "name your price". So you can download each one for free if you choose, OR, you if pay a minimum of $1.00 US you can leave a "review" of the album on the bandcamp album page for posterity and stream the album you bought on the bandcamp app. It's not that I need anyone's dollar, although it's appreciated, but it would be great to have some reviews on the page and a few "sales" notched up for the individual volumes, that I've priced $11.09 regularly, at a whim, because of the release date...
So... For 24 hours you can "own" volume one "Time Passes, Listen" for the amount of "name your price"
Find it here: https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/time-passes-listen-wk100-vol1
Thanks to everyone for the love and support! It means the world to me! :)

[avatar]

@wolfkier I’d be happy to leave a review. Will choose my favorite album - maybe #4 - will take another look. It’s good that BandCamp only accepts reviews from paid downloads (even just $1). Back in the early days of Kindle and chick lit, I did a free promotion for my first novel, and while I got a large number of downloads, with that came the crazies who left reviews hitting below the belt.

PS - 2, 4, 5 and 8 are my favorite albums. So I will be looking for them.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Thank you so much, my friend! :)

OK, so for the next 24 hours volume 2 "Hole In My Head" is at "name your price" and as I said above, if you drop at least a dollar you can leave a short review and have that volume available for streaming in the Bandcamp App.

Every day I'll be making the consecutive 8 volumes available at the "name your price". If you're on it, you can get the entire collection for as little as $8 AND leave your mark on each album. The volumes are regularly 11.09 and the entire collection is $119.22.
If you're late to the party, drop me a line, and we'll sort something out ;)

Here's the link to today's discounted volume 2 - 13 Wolfchoons!
https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/hole-in-my-head-wk100-vol2

Here's the link to the entire collection:
https://wolfkier.bandcamp.com/album/wolf-kier-wk100

So far about 5 of the Hole In my Head tracks are contenders for the spotify special edition WK:BEST20. You can still vote on which of that group of tracks will make the BESTOFBEST here: https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/songs/8976

Here's the front runners in the Hole In My Head collection:

Hole In My Head 03:29 (4)
2. Jukebox 03:13 (2)
3.. Pretending You Were Mine 03:12 (2)
5. One Day Out Of Memphis 02:56 (3)
6. Have You Seen Charlotte Lately? 03:24 (1)
7, She Won't Cry For Me 02:52 (2)
8. Sinner Can't Dance 02:55 (1)
9. Paper Sack 02:51
10. Every Time I Say Your Name 02:49 (2)
11. I Swear 03:50
12. Just Which Blues? 03:16
13.Me? I Make Love (1)

Leaders are:
Hole in My Head... (4)
One Day Out Of Memphis (3)
Pretending You Were Mine (2)
She Won't Cry For Me (2)
Every Time I Say Your Name (2)

Thanks to all for the love and support. I'm drowning in coffee money! LOL! Which I'm gonna need to get me through the next mega project WK11x11! (see my profile)

[avatar]

Good to know. “One Day Out of Memphis” is a top contender (along with “Like A Fool”) for most plays in my head.

[avatar]

@sbs2018 I'd have been very surprised in Like A Fool and One Day Out Of Memphis didn't make the cut!

[avatar]
@sbs2018

Downloaded Album #4 on Bandcamp and now I can play it anywhere. :)

[avatar]

@sbs2018 Thank you so much, Kathy! And you were so generous too. I'm blushing! :)

I know Like A Fool is one of your absolute faves and quite a few of your WK:BEST20 choices are on volume 4 as well . Seems like “Like A Fool” and “Strength to Believe” are pulling ahead on that album. Please don't forget to leave a little review on bandcamp for me.

Indeed that album has about 6 serious contenders for the album for distribution services. I'm gonna have to do the final vote tally soon for that. (This is so much like American Idol) I can hardly wait to get on Spotify with a great bunch of tracks chosen by more than just me! It'll be the cream on top of those countless hours of work including 8 hour days all through this 5090.

Anyone who has any more votes this final week before decision time, should check out the album listen songposts (links on the second post in this thread) and chime in on the specific pages or via email. Thanks @jamkar for your volume 2 votes today! Looks like “Hole in My Head” and “Memphis” are miles ahead favorites from that bunch!

Everyone's been so great!