Treat September like FAWM (SAWM)

[avatar]

That's my goal. Actually it's at least 16 solo demo songs in 31 days (including Oct. 1). That would put me at 50 solo demos in addition to a few collabs.
And I'm not sure how many comments I've given so far, but I think 200 more is a reasonable goal.
August and July were wacky and hectic - I think most of that's behind me.
What are your September goals?

[avatar]
@cblack

Just a couple of songs, really. 2 collabs, and at least 1 more of my own. I'll then have maybe 2 lyrics that I'll post without music if I don't get to them.

Small goals.

[avatar]

My goal for September is completing all the collabs I've started. 😁 Plus whatever manages to sidetrack me into writing a new song. 🤪

[avatar]

this is a neat idea. a great way to reframe it in my head. cheers!
focusing less on music this month and more on writing ( lyrics, nano prep etc ).
not got any other ideas than this : to get one song down that's recorded mainly by microphone via pc.

[avatar]
@gm7

@chipwithrow great idea...a Sept kick start. I think mid or early Sept we should bring back #tittat or #tt as I used last FAWM.
I think he was mentioned in a comment a few weeks back...anyway.

[avatar]
@nadine

My goal is to mix all the stems I receive from collabs and upload / update songs. No songwriting anymore. Some #tit4tat in between, but maybe it's better to start this in October when everybody is finished.

[avatar]

Just trying to upload one track for every day of the month and have fun doing it! That sounds like a lot, but I work at my studio desk and only have one show, one recording session, and a few practices with my band.

[avatar]
@gubna

No, I'm not turning on the heater! hahah!
But actually this is a great idea!

[avatar]

I'm taking this month as it comes after a one week 5090 hiatus and OOT vacation. Finishing up a few commitments will get me to 50 in the song count. However, I hope to do more than that depending on how much time and creative energy I have for songwriting in these last few weeks.

[avatar]

I'd like to keep up the momentum that I've had so far, and get a few more collaborations with musicians. I had 11 collabs last year and am on 8 so far this year, so would be nice to beat last year's total.

I also have a bit of a quirky goal. I'd like (over the course of the year) to have written at least 1 lyric that starts with each letter of the alphabet. I managed that last year during 50 90 and am quite close this year. Have X ticked off already which is usually one of the tougher ones!

[avatar]

Why not bump my own thread as a way to put off doing some work?
Since I started this thread, I've done 10 solo demos (goal is 16) with one more song ready to record. As for commenting, doing just a few a day, but at least keeping up with reciprocating when someone listens to a song of mine. (I don't think I've missed anyone - if so, I'll get to you!)
Five solo demos in 17 days - I can do that! (The silly uke song I wrote today took less than 10 minutes, and I played it for my wife.) And that may also leave time for a few collabs with lyricists.
How are you doing?
(And @lyricslinger - I love the alphabet idea. You made me check - I have done titles with 18 different letters.