45 Days In (Halfway There ...)

[avatar]

Is Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer" stuck in your head now?
Easy math - take the number of songs you have now, multiply by 2, and there's your projected outcome.
I have 29 posted, but haven't added to my total since a productive weekend. (I do have 3 ready to record.)
Goal is still 50 solo demos, and a few more collabs - 25 solo, 4 collabs posted now.
I do feel another creative burst coming on, maybe starting tomorrow.
How about you?

[avatar]

I can't believe we're halfway through August! I'm still very behind, but I'm making a point to be easier on myself. I have another 4 hardware tracks I need to finish and another full instrumental that was put on hold in July. Most likely finishing with about 25-30 songs this year, but I'm happy with that.

[avatar]

I've done 16 full demos (although one is just 30 seconds long), so I'm pretty pleased. If I can get up to 32, I'll consider it a fully successful 50/90. (Heck, I pretty much consider it fully successful right now.) I have a week long staycation coming up, so am considering trying to commit a a song-a-day during the "work week" so I have a themed EP to show for it at the end.

[avatar]

I had a very productive last weekend. If I don't count duplicate posts (lyric posts that others have musicified) then I'm behind but not terribly far. However, the new semester starts this weekend and it's looking like I'll be super busy with lots of reading and writing assignments. We'll see how much I can do once classes are in full swing.

[avatar]

I continue to poke away at some of my goals, experimenting with GarageBand, finding some new chord combinations that I can play on my mandolin, and as always, having fun listening. I am now at 32 posted songs, with some excellent lyrics from collaborators. I am still dumfounded that I have discovered I can write song lyrics and make music. Something I had never dreamt of doing ten years ago when I started taking music lessons to learn something new.

[avatar]

I have 18 up, at least one more almost ready to post, and another 7 or so in some level of completion. I'll likely make 50, especially if we get a few more skirmishes in. It's one of the reasons I committed to hosting a midweek one. I hit a funk a few weeks ago that was largely related to weather and stress. If those two can stay under control. I should hit my 50, and if not? Oh, well! I'm still pretty happy with what I've created!

[avatar]

I am on 43, have a few lined up including 6 collabs! I really had no idea how i would go this year! I always like to think my target is 90. I think thats achievable.

[avatar]

As of now I am at 33 posted and 26 solo demos. So I am in good position in case life gets busier.

[avatar]
@nadine

I didn't aim for 50, and I already surpassed my goal of writing a handful of good songs. So I stopped writing and focus on getting things done. Predominantly finish / update the promised collabs and challenges.

[avatar]
@gm7

I have 12 completed and 8 in the hopper. I may do a few more in Sept, we will see!
50 is not going to happen and I never planned to set that as a goal...just having some fun.

[avatar]

Totally on track for my 5/90 :-) I wrote two that are posted; two that are unposted and either will be produced or not; and there's a collab that might happen.

[avatar]

I'm at 18, and it's going to likely stay there until September. I have a few collabs out that should get me to my 50/90 '21 & FAWM '22 total which were both 22 songs (FAWM total still shocks me!) and it's likely I could knock a few more out before the month ends. If I'm anywhere near the shadow of 30 at the end, I'll be overwhealmed.

[avatar]

It's my first year, and I've not done FAWM yet, but am very much looking forward to it. I am so grateful to have found this community. I started 3 weeks late, and to my utter disbelief, I'm at 18 song ideas generated so far. I'm a winner in my book already, but am planning to keep going and aim for 50. Good luck y'all 👍

[avatar]

I've got 15 at the halfway point, which is more than I expected. If I can maintain a similar output through the second half I'll have done much better than the last couple of 50/90s I participated in. 50 is very unlikely, but I only ever managed that once; 25-30 and I'll be happy.

[avatar]

What I like about threads like this:
1) In addition to seeing your song counts, it's interesting to read about your various goals and how life and 50/90 mix, and
2) Now I have a fresh list of folks to listen to!

[avatar]
@yam655

A post in this thread inspired a song.

I bet most people didn't even realize there were song ideas in this particular thread.

[avatar]

@mandolinda how do you find new chord combinations ? Do you simply search online , or do you play about ? I’ve considered this may be a good way for myself to unlock more new song ideas and reach my song target, even if just in the short term.

I’ve lost count how many I’m at but I’m happy and this in my eyes is my best 5090 in terms of life/music balance, and my aim was to care less about and obsess less about the challenge. I’m finding this slack view of creativity is spilling over to other areas of my life, I’m less competitive overall in games and social settings

[avatar]

@chldomn5 I tend to listen to recording artists that I like, and try to play along. There are some programs on my computer where I can load in a song, and the program will indicate the chords (for guitar). Since I have a mandolin, then I need to find a way to copy the sound. I have some issues with arthritis in my finger joints, that limits my flexibility making chords. So sometimes, I just wish for the best I can do.