I Have Run Out Of Fingers And Toes

[avatar]

...having hit 20 songs. Can we PLEASE have our "inventory" numbered? Pretty please? I DO appreciate whatever was done to stop cutting off our lyrics midway. Now if we can just get numbers assigned to our songs 50/90 will be complete!

[avatar]

@jerrypettit stop yer complaining! :) I am not having any problem keeping track of my songs! Oh, wait, maybe that's because I only have 2. Well, they warned us the ice cream truck would launch without ice cream so...

[avatar]

That's the main benefit of having a spouse / partner: in the most usual case, that will get you up to 40 songs you can count and keep track of on fingers and toes that are readily accessible to you. After that, you'll have to have kids available (I don't have any, but am considering adoption for this purpose). ;)

[avatar]

As a workaround, you can see how many songs you've posted by searching for your own username, e.g. https://fiftyninety.fawm.org/search?q=jerrypettit

[avatar]
@fuzzy

I don't have that problem as I have six digits on each hand and foot.

[avatar]

😀

[avatar]

I miss the forum categories. I must admit defeat, when i scroll through them time after time, to find the latest skirmish,etc.

[avatar]

I'm so old I have an abacus! So it's easy :-)

[avatar]
@mikeb

I'm with @mandolinda - the jumbled-up everything in one place on this forum is horrible. Try to find a challenge that hasn't been updated in a while ... Of course, I miss the counts, too - song count (and why are they 'most recent first'?), comment count, etc.

[avatar]

@vomvorton - When I searched myself I got a total of 3 songs listed. I think I have more than that.

[avatar]

The solution is simple. Every 10 songs, give your song its number instead of a descriptive name. I mean, if Dylan can you name a song "Rainy Day Women #12 & #35", there's nothing stopping you from naming a song "Song 30." 😆

[avatar]

@tcelliott I mean in the 'Fawmers' section where it shows a song count.

[avatar]

@mikeb The 'most recent first' ordering is one of the changes I really like about the new site. Because it puts the most recent track at the top it stops the tendency that always happened previously of earlier songs monopolising comments (people visiting your profile have a tendency to listen to the top of the list or the most listened track - so listing in upload order was a double problem)

The smooshing together of every thread in a single forum is, I agree, horrible - give me a proper categorised forum every time. Hopefully that will change as the new site develops. It's not as much of a problem in FAWM where it's only a month, but for 50/90 you need to be able to navigate threads in a more structured fashion.

[avatar]

Interesting you should say that people tend to listen to the most listened to track. I tend to avoid the tracks with the most listens, thinking enough has been said there, and look for those with fewer listens.

[avatar]

@vomvorton Hey! Lookit there! Sweetness!

@atitlan I always use the new thread button for the forums so this smooshed together stuff is perfect for me. But I do miss being able to hit the categories when searching for something specific. (Not that everybody would use those categories.)

[avatar]

Who has two thumbs? This guy! Thus I have sufficient digits for my prodigious output this year

[avatar]

I guess we could put a number as the first part of our title. It's cludgy, but would function reasonably well.

[avatar]

I'm liking the new site just fine! And I know it will evolve. As for minor personal inconveniences - well, I know they are just that.
If I were going to number my songs to keep track, I'd do it in my own personal file rather than as part of the title on the site. Instead, I do it old school with pencil and paper - my tally sheet shows 25 finished and 6 I'm working on.
I did just check to see if there are any winners yet, and there is one - so even with no numbers on our song page, there is an acknowledgement when you hit 50. But that person doesn't have the trophy icon yet.

[avatar]

I've been keeping count of songs and comments in my own file for a couple of weeks now, because I'm just that kind of nerd. I wonder how much I've miscounted :). I expect I'll find out before October...

I keep having thoughts about what sort of things would be nice on this site, but I'm generally guessing that they're things the team have thought of already and I assume they're coming when time permits (counting songs would be high on my list, as a small thing). But mostly I'm happy that I've written 20ish more songs that I otherwise would have...

[avatar]

Numbering my songs on my hard drive but miss seeing the numbers here especially when checking out other people’s songs. :)

[avatar]

@vomvorton is right the simplest way is just to search your own name, its only one click!