An alternative to Soundcloud?

[avatar]

I've been using Soundcloud for FAWM and 50/90 and it's reached 90% capacity on the free plan.

The Soundcloud pro costs slightly less than a Bandzoogle website (they said it's a good website for musicians because you get to keep 100% profit from downloads/purchases, unlike Bandcamp) - but I'd like to know what other options are out there!

Does anyone know a free website to which you can upload unlimited songs?
I just need a place to put all my music online for now.

[avatar]
@mikeb

Bandcamp
Soundclick
I only use SC for hosting my FAWM stuff, and just take down the previous year's each year, except for a handful of things I have kept up (like a radio show appearance).

[avatar]
@nadine

I use...
Bandcamp for albums
Soundcloud for interaction with current songs
YouTube for my full discography of final versions

[avatar]

I have used https://www.reverbnation.com/ for years. Just found out they were bought by Bandlab which may or may not be a good thing. AFAIK it's free and the sound quality has been good.

[avatar]
@lowhum

archive.org if you want to store and link.

[avatar]

Create a second account on soundcloud if you like. Just need another (free) email.

[avatar]

I don't have personal experience with the site, but I know of a few Fawmers who use alonetone. It's free and I don't believe there's an upload limit, but it's solely for purposes of sharing (i.e. you can't sell or monetize your music, as with Bandcamp). I don't know much beyond that, but it might be another option to investigate.

[avatar]

I have used alonetone for a couple of years with no probs at all , free easy and no ads or scammers.

[avatar]

@coolparadiso alonetone looks really nice! Unlimited space, no ads, made by musicians.

[avatar]

So to be clear i use alonetone for all my demo work outside of Fawm and 50/90. I used to use it everywhere but In 50/90 and Fawm i i use the hosting here inside the site. I then post my competed works on Bandcamp as well as using Distro kid ($16 per annum) to get it on all the streaming channels!

[avatar]
@gubna

Now that bandcamp works on here, I don't think I'll be using soundcloud too much in the future. The only activity I usually get is spam. which is funny since I go by spamystyle on bandcamp!