FAWMers with COVID

[avatar]

I have become aware of several fawmers coming down with Covid. and thought it might be a good idea for those so stricken to leave a message here so we will not worry about them if they seem to disappear from the site temporarily. I got the Covid yesterday, so will not be posting new songs for awhile, but will try to keep up with listening and commenting. but dont feel ignored if you post a few songs and dont receive a comment from me. i will catch up. I have a few collabs out, so possibly you will see one of those posts appearing..and if anyone wants a set of lyrics for any reason, hit me up. i am still able to write although my voice is gone.

[avatar]
@elesimo

Hope you get well soon, @billwhite51! Get some rest!

[avatar]

Get well soon @billwhite51.

I've just had it - finally tested negative last Friday but the cough lasted a few days extra and I'm still feeling a bit tired and out of sorts, not really feeling very creative / musical yet. Seems like the advice is to keep resting as much as possible, and who am I to disagree with easy-to-follow advice like that.

[avatar]

I hope you feel better soon, Bill!! Great idea.

[avatar]
@gm7

Rest Bill..you will be back to singing soon. All the best.

[avatar]

Sending positive thoughts your way, @billwhite51
I had it earlier in the year despite being triple-vaccinated and it wasn't much fun. Stay positive and hydrated my friend. 😄

[avatar]

Ugh. Get well soon, Bill.

[avatar]
@toms

Vaccinated, double boosted, working 100% from home, groceries delivered, barely going out, masking with n95 or better at all times and all places since the beginning except once for a short outdoor visit to a friend to drop off a book a bit more than two months ago, and now I have serious post-acute sequelae of COVID-19. Do everything you can to avoid this.

[avatar]

@toms that is terrible. im so sorry. it seems there is nothing we can do to ensure 100% immunity from the disease.

[avatar]
@sbs2018

@billwhite51 Bill, I'm so sorry to hear this. Today is day 8 since I tested positive, still have that hacking cough, hubby is two days behind me and coughing like crazy. And, yes, @toms - that's us, too, double vax'd, double boosted, working at home, grocery delivery, barely going out, masked in crowds, and got it maybe at my birthday dinner - the only thing I can think of. These measures have worked just fine all this time. But this variant is so contagious, I'm thinking everybody is going to get it. Hope you all get well soon. It's nice to know we're not alone.

[avatar]

feel better everyone!!!!!

[avatar]
@toms

@billwhite51, I hope you get better soon. You too, @sbs2018. The one good thing I was able to do when it was in the acute stage was isolate in my room with fans blowing out the windows on high 24 hours a day, running a Corsi-Rosenthal Box, and masking. Took 15 days to test negative; I came out on the 16th day, No one else in the house got it, including my spouse who has leukemia, and for whom it would have been very dangerous. The goal now is to not get it again and I am damn well going to do it! 😀

[avatar]

Take care, everyone! And add me to the down-for-the-count list.
I tested positive Tuesday. First my daughter had it, then wife, now me.
Not that there's ever a good time to have it, but ours came just as my wife is starting a new job and we're making big changes to our business. But at least my daughter got it before she heads back to college in a couple weeks.
And we too have done what we're supposed to do with vaccines, but I know we let our guard down a bit in the last month or so.
Mine seems to be fairly mild (wife is a bit sicker, and daughter is almost over it), and 50/90 has been a godsend because I'm quite bored. I've actually written two songs in two days!

[avatar]
@sbs2018

@chipwithrow - sorry to hear that. I know what you mean about timing. We had just landed in Florida only to discover our house was not finished as expected. Living in an airbnb in the meantime - nobody wants to be sick away from home. Don’t have your stuff, your supplies, or know where to go. Thankfully, there’s grocery delivery these days so got some food, tissues, meds, and cat food, etc. Hope you get well soon! PS - I know what you mean about 50/90 giving you something to do. I’ve been posting like crazy cuz it gives me something to do. So bored!

[avatar]

Oy! Hope everyone feels better soon. My partner is still testing positive for COVID since last Sunday, though she didn't feel right a few days before.that time. That's 12 (or 14) days! She was very sick for about 6 days. She pretty much feels okay now, though at times weak, but she's been that way for several years now (EBV), but is still staying inside while I handle all the household chores. She would sometimes pull her mask down in stores, because it would be hot and she felt like she couldn't breathe, but I would shriek at her to pull her mask back up. So many people had totally stopped wearing masks in stores and on buses. I'm still okay - Double boosted, but she resisted vaccine until this January. I told her as soon as she's well enough to go out, she should be boosted!

[avatar]
@tjeff

Sorry to hear Bill, and everyone else who's had it. Get well soon!

[avatar]

Hope you feel better soon, @billwhite51, @chipwithrow, @corinnecurcio, and anyone else struggling with this.

[avatar]
@sunnymae

I'm so sorry @billwhite51 and everyone who's chimed in on the Forum. This thing is no joke and continues to plague us. I wish you all a speedy and complete recovery. It can happen to anyone and I don't for a minute feel immune to catching it, even vaxxed, boosted and careful as all of you have been.

[avatar]
@gm7

Goodness...sorry to hear about the people who have covid and how it affects their lives and love ones. Get better soon.

[avatar]

Well wishes and quick, painless healing to all y'all!

[avatar]

I had it at the start of the month. Most of the symptoms weren’t too bad but it shredded my voice and it still hasn’t recovered fully

[avatar]

@frenchcricket i am only on day three, and ny symptoms are slight. but voice is ruined, at least for now. tell me, did you get a booster? if so, one or two. and were your side effects severe? i ask because there may be a trend. for others who read this post and having a more severe case, what is your booster and side effects history, if any? my wife, who is a front line health care worker, agrees there may be a connection

[avatar]

@billwhite51 I’ve had one booster. The symptoms were flu-like for about 2-3 days, and cold-like for the rest of the time (about 10 days). I had bad side effects from the first vaccine (Astra Zeneca) but not from the second one, or the booster.

[avatar]

@frenchcricket thank you for your resonse. i have had no boostere, and no effects from the two primary shots, both pfizer. mu wife had severe evvects fom a phizer and a moderna booster, and her covid is more severe than mine.slos, many friends who had two booster that left them with severe side effects are now having moderate cases of covid. my worry is that some people may be overdosing on vaccine, resulting in severe side effects and sometimes leading to moderate cases of covid. your case refutes such a theory, but i hope to hear enough case histories to detect whether or not there might be a trend.,

[avatar]

We've still missed it here but all of our immediate family have had it come and go. My brother nearly died, back in the first days of its appearance so when everyone was going round saying it was all a plot or beat up, we'd give them a verbal kick in the ankles. Even mild, it's a nasty thing, so stay with us, everyone. Do what you can to avoid if you can.

[avatar]

That's interesting about the vaccine side effects thing. I do remember some people saying that if you had strong reactions to the vaccines then that was a good indication that you had a strong immune system that was ready to fight! Or something like that, probably with very little scientific basis.

But anyway, I had no reactions to the jabs (pfizer) or booster (moderna) at all. And my COVID was two mild days followed by 3-4 worse days that were more like flu, and then back to fairly mild for the rest of the duration. And then annoyingly my cough has come back today after three days of not coughing at all! I hope it doesn't stick around, I was expecting it to linger a bit but after three days off I figured I'd got off easy.

[avatar]

Yikes, @billwhite51 @toms and Everyone else... hope U all get better soon!

My wife and I have severe health issues and we've been doing all the right things: 2 shots, double boosted, hardly going indoors, double masking if we have to.
No side effects of vaccine for us (it was all Pfizer).
Have met small group of family outdoors, masked and distanced.
No live gigs for over 2 years.

We have been lucky so far, but I am concerned about the very contagious nature of these new Covid variants.

Hope U all get back to posting songs soon.

[avatar]
@mikeb

Best wishes for all who get it.
I had it about 3 months ago, basically 3 days of bad flu-like symptoms. Since then, fully recovered, except I do not seem to have the stamina I had before. Just got shot #4 ("booster 2" as they are calling it now).

[avatar]
@wacha

@billwhite51 damn, I am so sorry. I hope you have a quick recovery. I was lucky that my case was pretty mild but the fatigue has lingered, though I do have Lupus, Kidney Disease and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome all stirring the pot.

[avatar]

That's a shame Bill! get well soon.
I had it at the end of June for about 3 weeks, but I've since recovered.

[avatar]
@sbs2018

How’s everybody doing? I’m on day 12 and feeling more tired than ever. When does it get better - lol?

[avatar]
@toms

@sbs2018 I'm almost 3 months out after 15 days of testing positive and still feel like garbage. Exercising my right to complain art every turn, though, so, silver lining! 😀 At least the visual auras have gone away. My employer has decided to remove every single mitigation now...I have only unkind words...

Sure hope you are able to rest & that you get better quickly.

[avatar]
@donna

@mikeb, same with me. Caught it in early April. Symptoms were flu-like and soon over (apart from the cough, which lasted an extra few weeks). But I've noticed a severe lack of my usual energy. Apparently it's a common after-effect of this 'milder' version. Sure will be glad to be back on deck energy-wise. It's a bummer having no ooomph to do the things I'd normally be busy with. Like writing lyrics. 😒

[avatar]

I've been fortunate enough to avoid it so far, but I'm currently suffering from the kind of cold that makes you first fear death, then wish for it.

I wish all the stricken a quick recovery and no lingering side effects.

[avatar]

I can have no oomph without even trying, so I feel for those struck by the virus. Haven't been hit yet (at least I think not, all previous tests were wattle pollen...) but close friends and family have. Wouldn't wish it on any decent person. Get through it and come out again, folks.

[avatar]

We have both missed it so far. We sort of feel some inevitability about it. But @timfatchen I was forced into Ikea today maybe that's my penance! Hope all those with it recover soon!

[avatar]
@sbs2018

Okay, tested negative yesterday! Tired but feeling much more like myself! There’s life on the other side, folks…

[avatar]

@timfatchen - Interesting that you write that you haven't been hit yet. Since all three of us (daughter, wife, and I) made it through 2+ years, it makes me wonder if at some point we had mild or asymptomatic cases, After all, my daughter attends a university of 15,000 or so students, and I have worked one-on-one with people (taking precautions) since June 2020.
And at the very beginning of the pandemic, March 2020, all three of us were incredibly sick, but we didn't know with what - no testing at the time, and we had begun quarantining anyway.
My recent mild case only made me exhausted because the cold symptoms - and my wife's somewhat more severe case - disrupted my sleep patterns. I did often have the weird floaty feeling you get from certain cold medicine. And I seem to be back to OK now.
It's a strange virus in that affects people so many different ways.

[avatar]

I hope everyone gets better quickly! My daughter found out she has it again last night. She works at a hospital so is exposed a lot.

[avatar]

@chipwithrow I wonder the same. A few days of feeling mildly unwell in the long ago. If so, luck of the draw...

[avatar]

Big hugs to everyone with Covid! I got it last week for the first time ever, very glad it's a milder variant. Healing vibes and lots of rest and sleep to you all!

[avatar]
@sbs2018

@nuerdetjuligen Hope you feel better soon! It’s finally behind me - a cough every now and then.

[avatar]

I hope y'all are all well. My partner and I have been with COVID since the weekend. Vaxed and boosted and still got it. Thank God it's the milder variant. But I don't think I'll get much music done for awhile. I can't get much of anything done really. All I seem to do is sleep. Maybe I can dream up some good songs for later. :)

[avatar]

Healing wishes for a full and fast recovery to all who have had Covid here. Sorry that some of you have been feeling miserable. I’ll have to write a get well song!

[avatar]
@toms

F covid. Nice doctor says what I knew already, that no one knows what to do about long covid, plan on it being a permanent disability.

[avatar]

Yikes, @toms!
I know you've been Extremely Careful as have my Wife and I because of our health issues. The asymptomatic aspect and the Long Haul crap scare the Sh*t out of me.

So far so good, but I keep hearing from Talking Heads that everyone is going to get it!

[avatar]

Not the band, Talking Heads!

[avatar]
@toms

@resonut123 you just keep being careful. So many people are not. At least I can still work remotely for a few months. Dunno how I will handle it after that.

[avatar]

@toms I hope your symptoms and issues diminish and don't turn into a permanent long haul situation.
We are Ever Vigilant, after (and before) 1 friend and 2 family deaths.

[avatar]
@sbs2018

We’ve been super careful, kept doing the things that worked until they didn’t when this variant came along… so hard cuz people are behaving as if it’s over… no more vax only cruises. No need to get tested, no masks… waiting for the variant vax to be available here - heard it was in the UK.

[avatar]

Had covid in july. Now i'm dealing with lingering vertigo. I prefer covid

[avatar]

so sorry to hear you are still suffering side effects. hang in there and hopefully the vertigo spells will pass soon/

[avatar]
@jamkar

Let’s not have anymore of it. Holding you guys in my thoughts.

[avatar]

It got me. Three days of unpleasantness this week, but today is the first day that I've made it to teatime without needing a nap, so that's progress, I guess? I'm just left with clogged sinuses, a sore throat, and the fact that my eyeballs hurt whenever I move them...

[avatar]

@headfirstonly Ah, yes, it’s getting everyone… just got the latest booster for the variant - a half day of fatigue is all this time - maybe because we had it already? Silver lining and all that.

[avatar]

For laughs, not sympathy (others need it more than me!) Laid low by an appalling URTI picked up in Melbourne airport, excitement both ends as it were, and it's going round locally in Oz. So bad that when Covid came along to join the party, didn't even notice until yet another test blinked positive. I think it's outclassed by this wretched supercold virus (yes I'm fully vaxxed AND for flu). Still, always look on the bright side...I'm now half a stone lighter than when I returned from India!