System bug?

[avatar]

Hi @elesimo or @burrsettles i think i may have hit a bug! On my notificatons i keep getting duplicates come up! There are a 2 comments (yesterday i think) that were on songs and they have both come up twice , this has happened a few times previously as well but not everytime. They are only there once on the actual song but twice on notifications thx guys

[avatar]
@sbs2018

Same here.

[avatar]

happend to me once and just now on a comment left by @sbs2018

[avatar]

I had the same thing happen, but only recently.

[avatar]
@elesimo

Ah, you're probably getting one notification per collaborator that you follow. I'll deduplicate the comments, thanks for the heads up!

[avatar]

I think you are right @elesimo i am pretty sure they were all on collabs

[avatar]

I've also noticed that if a comment on one of your songs mentions your handle with an @ you will get two notifications for it, one for the comment and one for the mention. Personally speaking I don't need to see both, but I dunno what others think...

[avatar]
@sbs2018

There’s something about me and @billwhite51 - I get his double posts and he gets mine. We’re not collabs.

[avatar]

ha i just posted this on another thread, yes i wasn't reading it properly, one was for a mention, one was for comment

[avatar]

Since yesterday, every time I try to post Liner Notes and #Lyrics for a new #song (that are well within the character limit, and from any device), I cant. Error received says, "FAWM.ORG 500'd ! That's an error. And we still haven't found what you're looking for..." (I'm not looking/searching for anything) and a picture of a broken LP record is below this error message. The website allowed me to post the song's name, but that's it, I can't edit the song to add Liner Notes, or the lyrics. The other odd thing is that I can post comments on other #Fawmers songs all I want, and have--no glitches, or error messages--but when it comes to posting new song particulars, it's a no go. The first day I posted my song I had no problems. Any one else encountering this issue?

[avatar]
@elesimo

@chris_buono can you send me the lyrics and liner notes that you're trying to post (my email is in my profile)? This shouldn't happen, I'll take a look.

[avatar]
@jorh

Hey,

I keep getting the same thing when I try post a particular song. I wonder if it’s something to do with the fact that my lyrics are above the old character limit but are now within the new limit?

[avatar]
@elesimo

@jorh I'm taking a look, thanks for the info!

[avatar]
@jorh

@elesimo No worries, thank you, your hard work is appreciated :)

[avatar]
@elesimo

@jorh @chris_buono there was a problem with the database migration and the column for lyrics was still at 2000 characters. I fixed it, and it should work now! Sorry for the trouble!