Names for your Song's Protagonist

[avatar]

Does anyone else just have a file of names for humans (or more likely, fictional characters)?

Anyway, feel free to write songs about any of these people:
Deneuve Fenimore
Leonard and Eleanor
Rhody, short for Rhododendron
Posh Brooklyn
Isometric

Edit: Just to clarify, you don't have to actually use the names in your song, I just thought they might inspire interesting characters.

If anyone else has any names to provide to inspire people, please do!

[avatar]
@candle

Posh Brooklyn, now there's a name that inspires a lot of images & ideas!

My lyrics rarely have a name for their protagonist, but having written tons of short stories & other works of fiction, I don't lack a posisble list of names for protagonists. Before 50/90 started, I was working on a Sci-Fi coming of age story with two alien protagonists: Kata Mærdyn (no relation to the famous Welsh Druid, BTW 😆 That was a connection I didn't pick up on until I was a few pages into the story) & Kyar Paddox. (Kata is a Male Rækonian & Kyar is female) In the same universe/world, one of my favourite protagonists is the flirty, curvy, no-nonsense bounty hunter: Bliths Carrin. In fact, she was the subject of a spoken word track last FAWM which lead me to write a wonderful short story about her reconnecting with her estranged super-hacker brother.

Those are just three of the many souls that my Muse is infactuated with.

See You In The Shadows…

[avatar]
@fuzzy

Hmmm...
I'm just now realizing that none of my protagonists have names, but they all seem to be hapless guys caught up in circumstances beyond their control and not of their own making.
Not sure what that says about my psychological state...

[avatar]
@candle

Are you a hapless guy caught up in circumstances beyond your control, @fuzzy? Or maybe that's just some of your Fuzzy Sound Studios technicians…like the ones hunting those rats… 😉

See You In The Shadows…

[avatar]
@fuzzy

In the big picture, aren't we all just hapless individuals caught up in circumstances beyond our control and not of our own making, though, @Candle?
Just trying to shed light on the human condition through music over here, buddy. 😀

[avatar]
@candle

I know you are. You're the woodland metaphysicist, @fuzzy 😀 I mean, if the tree falls in the forest & there's a tuft of hair found nearby, you'd be my number one suspect (or possibly it might be Mr. Beaver as well…) 😉

I'm certainly hapless. I'd even go as far as to say I'm über-hapless in most situations.

See You In The Shadows…

[avatar]
@yam655

Only a few of my characters have had a clear and vivid name. One of them was Horace Harold Schmunken, from the self-titled song. The guy was a bit of a muckraker and died from digging around the wrong person's trash.

I don't really keep a file for names. It's mostly just that sometimes a name falls out when I write the song.

[avatar]

In the rare instances where I've used a full name in a song, it's usually a plot device or somehow tied into the main theme of the song. In two cases, it reflects an evolution of the character.

'Kristjana Guttmundsdottir' is about the titular character who is herself a titular character in a story-within-a-story. She is eventually killed off and reborn as 'Anna Johnsson' when the typist gets sick of wasting reams of paper screwing her name up.

https://stephenwordsmith.bandcamp.com/track/the-pannacotta-army-kristjana-guttmundsdottir

'Mr. [Mitch] Resistable' becomes 'Mitch Optimistical' after having an epiphany (that attractiveness is all about attitude) in the aftermath of a love potion going horribly right.

https://stephenwordsmith.bandcamp.com/track/tim-fatchen-mr-resistable

[avatar]

Just to clarify, you don't have to actually use the names in your song, I just thought they might inspire interesting characters.

If anyone else has any names to provide to inspire people, please do!

[avatar]
@candle

If anyone is ever at a loss for inspiration for names for people, places, things, &c… https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/ has a whole raft of random tables to create names for just about anyone/anything. I use it extensively when needing to name people/things.

See You In The Shadows…

p.s. plus the site plants trees so it's good for Mother Earth at the same time!

[avatar]

Here's another one:
Mr. Bobber

[avatar]
@candle

Pamela Lane
Derrick Trotts
Samantha Skinner
Suzie Quarintine
Patricia Pak
Simon de Fuser

Just a few that my Muse whispered in my ear just now…

See You In The Shadows…

[avatar]

Dominos Waller
Charcoal Oates

[avatar]

Walter Broomby

[avatar]

Billie Wilisg
Bike Erving
Edward Least
Diagon Ashley

[avatar]
@candle

Beverley August (whom (my Muse tells me) is currently studying for an undergraduate's Arts degree, so she will eventually become B.A. B.A.…)
Laurel Hintz
Patrick Samuel McCann
Kevin Shorts
Michæl John Frost
Olive Henry

@complexissimple, I do really like Diagon Ashley & Charcoal Oates 😄

See You In The Shadows…